Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

What would Bimmersport do?

What would you choose  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok here's the deal.

You have $10,000 to spend, and you're going to buy a new car, a 1998 Nissan Skyline, you have the option between -

* Importing one done only 40,000-60,000 km's, takes around a month to get to NZ, but better condition,

* Buying one in NZ, done 105,000kms, alarm, 17" wheels and new tyres.

Both are the same price, the import one is $10,000(including compliance and all the little bits you need to pay for) and the NZ one is $10,000.

The NZ one might have an alarm and 17" wheels, but what if you were going to buy new wheels in 2-3 months time anyway.

What would you choose out of the available now but high km Skyline or wait a month but low km's Skyline? Vote and explain your answer please.

Edited by Sudo

damn bro, you can get a really nice e36 for 10gs!

personally, i'd go for the ones wid lower kms, coz as said b4, it'll have better resale value.

what would bimmersport do?

probably not be looking at a skyline

but seriously, go the import....wow wheels and alarm.

What model Skyline? R33 or R34? Cos either way for $10000 your not getting much Skyline for that age... Simply put a tidy R33 GTS25t auto sedan would be around that price, but an R34, your very unlikely to get a GTT for that price, not even for a sedan... unless you know someone who can either pinch one for you or get them at auction VERY cheap...

Either way, I personally have heard too many horror stories about importing, unless you know the importer personally, plus the Japanese dont look after their cars, ie oil changes, keeping it rust free etc, so I would think the NZ one, which you can actually check for yourself is a safer bet.

And as has been mentioned, this may not be the best place to ask around... Try www.skylinesdownunder.com you can prob dig up more info on our site, that or send me a PM and I can try and help as well.

Unless it's a GTR, I wouldn't bother.

The suggestion of the Porsche is quite sensible. Wrong one (924). Buy the 944 and have a great time with it.

R34 25GT-X. 4 door, 2.5L, NA

I don't want turbo or anything for a year or so, since i'm only 16, so I want a cruiser sedan and start playing with it once I get a job.. :unsure:

FYI there is a 5spd GTS25t for $12995 at a yard around the corner from home.

what year though and km? And you say GTS25t, so Im assuming you mean R33?

He has asked about a 1998, which is the crossover time from R33 to R34....

and M325i, the R33 and R34 werent sold here NZ new, except the R34 GTR... which was in no way different from the JDM model.

anyways, back on topic, the R34 sedan, auto? They arent a bad car if the cars styling is to your liking, and as you say alot cheaper on the gas/insurance, and its still a Skyline :-) .

Another plus over alot of the cars people have mentioned, is that being so much newer and japanese built (no disrespect to the other manufacturers mentioned!), its going to be pretty reliable if treated well, so as long as you care for it and make sure its maintained well, it should be a good 1st car for you!

Guest Andrew

I just bought me a daily driver from Japan.. JDM BMW y0! R34 skylines out of shaken in japan are cheap cheap cheap

(get the import)

post-2-1126489274.jpg

Is he serious? I thought he'd die rather than get a 36 :D

Why??

Andrew had a bloody fast toy already, the E36 will make a bloody good daily driving car, leaving the E30 for the track etc.

Cheers

Just that E30 guys tend to stick to E30 - Looks totally clean tho! I cant wait to see it! Mtechnic too by the looks of it!