Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Japan Inside

The ONLY things I would change would be:

De-badge, leave the roundell of course.

Change the wheels, 17x8.5" Style 32's on all four corners.

If you don't 318i/316i badge it I will just take things into my own hands and do it for you. It must be done

Well done, as others have said, looks awesome.

Word of advise, when you cert it, make sure you have as many wheels you want to run available.

As they note the size on the plate, which means you cannot legally use anything else (dumb part of the system).

Either that, or if the suspension is all OEM (or OE replacement) and thus doesn't need to be cert'd, discuss if those fields (along with the rims) can remain blank, to retain the OEM flexibility.

Your certifier must be nice. I've had a chat to mine and you can only have one type of type on your cert plate unless its a 4wd or rally car.

Kool car!! Nice job done there by looks of it - should be interesting unit to drive...... :)

I vote ya make up a 340i badge for the rear............ B)

Thanks Phil. For less than 300hp it really gets up and goes, sounds the business too.

Meanwhile it passed certification today, pleased to finally have all that sorted out!

I vote ya make up a 340i badge for the rear............ B)

+1

I can donate the 40i badges that I removed off my 540i if you want it, car looks awesome and as everyone has said crazy clean install

Edited by Mr2low

Congrat's Michael, nice milestone to notch up.

So what did you end up with on the cert. plate re: suspension & wheels?

Thanks guys, pretty stoked to get that stuff out of the way. Now to get a Wof, Reg, valuation and full insurance..

Congrat's Michael, nice milestone to notch up.

So what did you end up with on the cert. plate re: suspension & wheels?

Tell me about it haha, can't believe it took two years to get it this far since dropping the motor in, with day to day life these projects really drag out! Not that it's a bad thing as it's been a fun/painful long term toy to play with.

The plate is getting made as we speak, like you mentioned I discussed the wheel setup options with the cert guy, he said it has to have whats on the car certified because it was too easy for people to chop and change. He didn't totally agree with it but has to abide with the requirement quoting the wheel specs.

So this means the plate will quote 7.5x17 front and 8.5x17 rear OE, which is okay as I will eventually use a set of M3 17" staggered wheels later on which are the same. Suspension is just quoted M3 disk and caliper at the front, OE rear + Lowering springs with measurements from the wheel center to guard.