Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Japan Inside

Literally 700 days on since removing the M50B25, my E36 is finally in a presentable & complete state! I'm finalizing the cert this week so it will finally mean I can actually enjoy driving the car rather than tightening bolts all the time.

No doubt now I'll make sure I come along to the next Bimmersport meet - it will be great to put names to faces!

Here are a few quick pictures I took after giving it a wash, the back left corner is actually sitting a little higher in these shots due to the contour of my driveway, it actually sits really nicely thanks to Ray supplying me with some M3 suspension & B&G sports springs.

I'd eventually like to change the wheels to M3 ones or some sort of BBS model but the stock E46 ones don't look to bad for what they cost me (200!). Only real missing add ons are the M-tec side moldings, skirts and the M-tec rear bumper, but I'll work towards those in due course.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice.

Such a clean install. The devil is certainly in the detail.

P.s still so glad you ditched the RS4 tips, I don't want to say I told you so, but....

The ultimate sleeper. Looks awesome - can't wait to hear it!

Brilliant mate! Once you have it out and about all the hours you put in will be irrelevant! Brent might have some style 22s...

Such a clean conversion and is a credit to your hard work. I have some side skirts and rear bumper lying around to complete it if you like.

Sick! Can't wait to see this, looks immaculate

Well done, as others have said, looks awesome.

Word of advise, when you cert it, make sure you have as many wheels you want to run available.

As they note the size on the plate, which means you cannot legally use anything else (dumb part of the system).

Either that, or if the suspension is all OEM (or OE replacement) and thus doesn't need to be cert'd, discuss if those fields (along with the rims) can remain blank, to retain the OEM flexibility.

Thats clean. Most engine conversions look a bit half assed, but that looks like it should be in there (Well... other than we know what it is).

Well done!

Thanks for the comments lads!

Such a clean install. The devil is certainly in the detail.

P.s still so glad you ditched the RS4 tips, I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Haha, yeah after about a day I was like... yeah these oval tips aren't working. Tried to like them, but then out came the saw. Doing a nice even cut was a nightmare for certain reasons, but I got them off & those subtle 4x 2.5" 316 SS tips on, MUCH better.

The ultimate sleeper. Looks awesome - can't wait to hear it!

Thanks, I tried to keep it that way. The sound is to die for, moderate volume, no drone, clean deep pulses, but being a stock 1UZ it doesn't have that high pitch sound like an RS4 or M3 V8 up top as it only hits 6k RPM, still... it will be interesting to know what others think of it, but I can't get enough of it.. I could drive to the end of the country and back!

Such a clean conversion and is a credit to your hard work. I have some side skirts and rear bumper lying around to complete it if you like.

Might be an idea! Not in an extreme rush, but probably something Ill be looking into towards the end of the year.

Well done, as others have said, looks awesome.

Word of advise, when you cert it, make sure you have as many wheels you want to run available.

As they note the size on the plate, which means you cannot legally use anything else (dumb part of the system).

Either that, or if the suspension is all OEM (or OE replacement) and thus doesn't need to be cert'd, discuss if those fields (along with the rims) can remain blank, to retain the OEM flexibility.

That had crossed my mind actually, I'll speak to the cert guy about that as the suspension is all OEM, except for the B&G or UUC sport springs. Thanks for reminding me!

Thats clean. Most engine conversions look a bit half assed, but that looks like it should be in there (Well... other than we know what it is).

Well done!

Hah, too true! Thanks, I pushed to make it decent, spare no cost and avoid any tacky alterations or cheap fixes. All the key parts right down to the vacuum line and clamps are of European, American or Japanese brands. I wanted to keep it looking like a factory setup where possible too.. you would be surprised how hard it can be to find quality black/silver parts, that look factory!

Brilliant - has there been a build thread on this - if so I am not paying attention - if not lots more photos and detail please

Awesome work mate! Love it!!!!

well done .

very professonal .

look forward to seeing and hearing it .

have a few wheels options and body kit parts etc if needed.

cheers brent

When are you going to put the 318i badges on?

You mean ///M 318i ;)

When are you going to put the 318i badges on?

Haha..... I'm tempted to leave the 325i badge there for now, maybe just leave it blank? Maybe an generic ///M badge... or TRD for that matter. HA.

Very nice, Michael! Any chance of a square-on engine bay shot? :D

Cheers Tristan, I do, actually here's a basic before and after shot

Posted Image

Eventually I will disassemble the 1UZ manifolds and repaint them in a clean aluminium finish as they have dulled in recent years so it makes it look a bit messy, cosmetic stuff has been the last of my worries under the hood while work was going on.

Brilliant - has there been a build thread on this - if so I am not paying attention - if not lots more photos and detail please

Theres an old old one, but that dates back to end of 2011 when I first dropped the engine in and it was miles behind where it is now. I will make a new detailed build thread when I have some time so others can see what's needed and get ideas for similar conversions.

Awesome work mate! Love it!!!!

Cheers Justin!

well done .

very professional .

look forward to seeing and hearing it .

have a few wheels options and body kit parts etc if needed.

cheers brent

Cheers Brent, so you reckon it looks a bit better than that 1UZ 4 door e36 that turned up at your door a while back? :P

Will keep you posted if I need anything!

Excellent eye for detail.

Well done Michael.

Car looks great. A bit different feeling than the soarer right? Haha

How about badging it TRD-///M

Ha ha ha ha

Haha..... I'm tempted to leave the 325i badge there for now, maybe just leave it blank? Maybe an generic ///M badge... or TRD for that matter. HA.

Cheers Tristan, I do, actually here's a basic before and after shot

Posted Image

Eventually I will disassemble the 1UZ manifolds and repaint them in a clean aluminium finish as they have dulled in recent years so it makes it look a bit messy, cosmetic stuff has been the last of my worries under the hood while work was going on.

Theres an old old one, but that dates back to end of 2011 when I first dropped the engine in and it was miles behind where it is now. I will make a new detailed build thread when I have some time so others can see what's needed and get ideas for similar conversions.

Cheers Justin!

Cheers Brent, so you reckon it looks a bit better than that 1UZ 4 door e36 that turned up at your door a while back? :P

Will keep you posted if I need anything!

yup

i also have a couple of customers with

pig iron chev 350 on carbs in a e36 325i

a 6l ford in z3 roadster

350 chev in a e34 etc

and some others

have some m3 staggered wheels M double-spoke, forged

and some style 40's off a z3

Excellent eye for detail.

Well done Michael.

Thanks Ray

Car looks great. A bit different feeling than the soarer right? Haha

How about badging it TRD-///M

Ha ha ha ha

Haha, very different to those boats. It's just nice to have that engine in a more focused, better looking, tighter vehicle!

have some m3 staggered wheels M double-spoke, forged

Hmmm what are they like, any pictures, price, tyres?

Edited by Michael.

^ agreed.

i say keep the rear bumper as is, otherwise you will have to chop up a motorsport one to fit the exhaust again

but definitely get some side door trims :)

^ agreed.

i say keep the rear bumper as is, otherwise you will have to chop up a motorsport one to fit the exhaust again

but definitely get some side door trims :)

It wont be too much of a biggie, I think it does need the M-tec rear bumper as these stock ones are a bit plain. It just means a few 100 to buy one, couple of hundred to paint. More expenses!

hey! why is your rego sticker up so high??? lol

I've been doing that for a while in recent years, it's how the Europeans do it (that I've seen) Its much easier to change and clean the mess left from when the sticker needs replacing, horrible place down in the corner of the dash, never again!