Sign in to follow this  
jwde30

A Familiar Face

Well it came that time to sell my old Delphin E30 and move on. Reluctantly I handed over the keys to a nice guy from Auckland who vowed to look after it just as I had done. I promised myself that I would get something older this time around. An M60 swapped E28 was in my sights, until I received a phone call at work from a rather excited Kerry Meham " My E30 is back in town" he said. It had been repossessed by a local car yard and finance company just down the road from where I worked. The next day I payed them a visit to see the car. I can honestly say I never would have thought that I would ever see that car in such condition. The air suspension was not working nor were the brakes. It had marmite for oil and the whole thing was filthy. I had never seen so many McDonalds wrappers in my life!. Anyway several days later I made contact to the owner of the company. Turns out he owed Dad a favour for some business they had just completed, so a deal was struck and the car became mine. For a bargain!

Its not finished by any means but I'm pretty happy with it for now. I do want to thank Kerry for all his help and a couple of the guys from work for theirs also.

I wont go on too much about how it has changed since then, the pictures do a decent enough job of that!

Please feel free to ask questions ect

Edited by jwde30

Welcome back! Glad the car got into your hands and is back in a state it should always be in!

I mean that in a jealous way

• Like 1

Glad this is back in a member's hands!

Nice ... lots of work gone into that car and nice to see you now own it.

looks mint man. love how you had the balls to pull the guards and make those wheels fit so nicely.

Uuuuuughh...bro, too much awesome.

how did it end up like that after kerry? can someone fill me in on the timeline? Kerry sold it then it turned to sh*t?

Yea Kerry sold the car to some f**k wit who just neglected it. Lost his job so he couldn't make the repayments and the car was repossessed.

S50 itbs and injectors with custom velocity stacks. The sound is incredible!

I have a bagged Tech II coupe too

Maybe we should get some photos done ;)

Its crazy how many bagged e30s there are around the place! Yea I would be down. This weekend I have a shoot actually for a European website feature.

So a bit of an update. My diff bearings gave up on me so im having that rebuilt at the moment. And I have purchased some new brake parts. Pagid racing pads and factory discs that I have had drilled. I have also sorted out the boot install and got that looking really nice now also.

post-6536-0-76622400-1391925887.jpg

post-6536-0-71345600-1391925909.jpg

• Like 1

Dude that boot install Is tidy! I wana do something like that too mine. Only have one tank and compressor and a dive bottle but need more air! Who fabricated that all up?

post-7153-0-56651200-1391936184.jpeg

Edited by JC_FVTEC_E30

Thanks bro. Your boots not too shabby! Kerry just whipped it up out of the parts that were already there from the precious boot install. I removed all the fiberglassing, sub and amps. That sort of stuff isnt really my thing plus I wanted to take as much weight out of the car as possible but still keep the air.

Fair enough! Yeah we took out the sub box and just put in 6x9s. My tanks secured undeneath parcel tray so it has a bit of room under but I want another airtank and compressor. Your setup looks badass! Want something cool like that. Much luck on selling?

Heaps of interest and "would you swap for my savage RB?!" but apart from that only a couple of serious people. Think I might just hang on to it for a bit. Have some fun with it and make it go a bit faster haha

• Like 1