Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

car starting troubles

lol stupid bmw

so can some one help me out on what the hell this problem is

its not a battery related issue (i hope) as its a fairly new battery

this only just started happening recently

so when i turn the keys it takes a while to start, it will crank for like 4-6 (some times more) seconds before firing

it never used to be like this, used to be 2 seconds max hot or cold

help ? what on earth is going on, it doesnt sound too good to be honest

Is your problem occuring all the time or is it only under certain circumstances?

lol stupid bmw

excellent.

say it again.

now spell it.

well this is the thing some times it does and some times it doesnt i thought at first it was a problem starting because of the cold surroundings and cold engine but afta a while id be driving it round stop off some where and the engine was still warm and it was having problems firing could this be dirty injectors or maybe sparkplugs ? or some thing else ?

cheers

Could be fuel pressure related. First thing to do is to change your spark plugs, air filters etc.

While your there, check the HT leads with a OHM meter, and look at your dizzy cap and so on.

If your fuel pump is dying, it's not a biggie to replace.

If it's only doing this when warm then it could just be injectors, happen to me aswell, learn to live with it as it's not a major

Like i said before go see Steve at Sherson Auto. Where abouts in tga do you live? Tell him, Tim sent you and he will help you out. ring 5782614 (workshop)

You may have the same problem as carl. alittle too rich at start up

Whats your car look like?

Edited by bumpstop325

How much are injectors to replace? Andrew - you did yours, but they not BMW are they??? Mine are noisey little bitches and I occaisionally get this prob too.

Guest Andrew

How much are injectors to replace? Andrew - you did yours, but they not BMW are they??? Mine are noisey little bitches and I occaisionally get this prob too.

For second hand 325 ones - I dunno - whatever a wrecker will sell them for?

New 700 - 1000ish

Yeah man mines doin the same. Change the fuel pump, press reg, had it pressure tested was all sweet. After long and frustrating nights trying to find the problem I thought about changing the fuel pump relay and boom. The fuel pump was now priming on the first turn of the key not just when turning over. Hope this helps. New to the Bmw's. Have being a Commodore man but got an e30 done the brakes and suspension and i'm hookd. Well engineered car!

their is not a 100% sucess rate with new batteries according to the guy that installed ours. May pay to just get it checked, I cant remember any figures but it wasnt uncommon for him to be called back with botched batteries.

This was after my mum called the AA-Battery service.... and got their mobile battery dudes to come install a new one into the 7 series.