Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

E46 M3 ... introducing my new M3

So Phil and I went for a hoon in the M3s yesterday and came back with some photos (thanks Phil - the master on the camera).

So here goes.... introducing my new E46 m3 (which no doubt you recognise)! I have had it for a few weeks now and it has seen some intensive grooming including clay bar, 3M teflon polish and hand glaze. I'm having a great time with it, intend to do a few things to it to bring it back to 'fresh of the assembly line' standard and look forward to seeing everyone soon.

post-1040-0-74418900-1380276136_thumb.jp

post-1040-0-47080800-1380276149.jpeg

post-1040-0-88987400-1380276158.jpeg

post-1040-0-91943400-1380276180.jpeg

post-1040-0-76917800-1380276193.jpeg

post-1040-0-87129700-1380276207.jpeg

post-1040-0-78376400-1380276219.jpeg

• Like 1

Haha, this looks familiar.

An immaculate example, will you drive it or just leave it in the garage?? ^_^

It'll be driven mate, I don't do garage queens. I like to have a drivers car that looks like a garage queen though!

Those 'M' badges - they stand for 'Mmmmmmmmmmmmm - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy' I thinks................nice pics, awesome looking car........ :wub:

(You into 'outcalls' for detailing........got a wee job for ya ae..........) ;):D

Kool that ya believe in driving the girl as intended by Mr BMW.......I'm sure it'll create a few grins for you.

Glad to see it remains within the community. Looks fantastic!

Awesome purchase Dylan, a perfect example of all your attention to detail and meticulousness of your previous cars also. Look forward to watching it evolve in your ownership.

Very nice car you have there. I was so close to buying this one myself. The colour grew on me ALOT. Unique, bright, just like a sports car should be.

Looks way better in your photos than it did on Tristan's trademe listing :P Looks like the clay bar etc did its job! What camera did you use for your photos?

Colour looks great on the M3. These cars are great. I'm two years into owning mine and still get a kick out of driving it every day

Very nice car you have there. I was so close to buying this one myself. The colour grew on me ALOT. Unique, bright, just like a sports car should be.

Looks way better in your photos than it did on Tristan's trademe listing :P Looks like the clay bar etc did its job! What camera did you use for your photos?

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpg

----

But yes, very good photos! I need to learn aperture priority (?) Is that the style with the blurred background or is that post-edited?

Edited by Tristan

Hahaha, not WAY better I was just kidding around :P I think when you upload to trademe it loses a lot of quality as well.

Would have shot been a different/better lens.

The photos were taken by Phil75 (a professional) on his mega ultra super exceed grand custom extra camera. I'll have to get him to chime in at this point. That's where my expertise ceases.

Well done Dylan, very nice car. Hope to see you at a trackday soon, uncles club season has just started BTW.

Nah, not worked post. I shot all the photos using my 85mm f1.2 - all shot wide open, hence the shallow DOF.

Dylan's car is amazing. We went for a wee drive on some backroads, me in the E46 and Dylan in my E30. First time I'd driven a E46 M3, was a very enjoyable experience.

Stunning, nice camera work too, what camera were you using?

edit: just read who took snaps.

Edited by nickbawt

I was gonna say that looks like f/1.2!

Nice car mate.

Nah, not worked post. I shot all the photos using my 85mm f1.2 - all shot wide open, hence the shallow DOF.

Bokeh!!

That's what I thought, but is merging & cropping not 'post' ??

[/pretending to know jack about phot's]

Looks Hawt Regradless

Thanks Tom. Back in an M3, everything is right with the world again lol