Sign in to follow this  
ReubendV

E46 remote not working

Hey, I have a 99 e46 325i, with the older rubber rounded key. The battery has been replaced but it took over a minute. I have tried to reprogram it using several different ways I found reading through forums. But none of them seem to work. The led keeps on flashing after I have pushed and held the buttons down, but the doors don't lock and unlock. My central locking works fine (including fuel flap) when I push the button next to the hazards. And when I put the key in the door lock. Just doesn't work with the remote. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers Reuben.

Yeah have tried that. Didn't work, after I have held it down for about 15 seconds the led then starts flashing for about 10 seconds and nothing happens.

And you did press the unlock button three times after the 15 seconds hold down ?

No I had not tried that, but I just did. Didn't work the first time but it did work the second time! Thank you very much Neal. Saved me a lot of money.

I just got the battery from paknsave. My remote had 2 cr2016 battery's in it.

If you have a diamond shaped key then I don't think so. This works for the rounded rubber key.

For the Diamond one, go to RS online and order one - don't even need to go there :-) VL2020, is under $12 inc gst and freight.

http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/p/coin-button-rechargeable-batteries/0407877/ The tabs aren't the same, but I'm going to fit the bottom one, and either "adjust" the top one, or solder on a link. It's sitting on the kitchen bench right now... If only I could find my solder station.....

You can get the batteries from the dealer.

Allan , the diamond shape key will charge off the induction coils in ignition , be sure to make sure the key has had some time in the ignition .

The sync setting is different for the diamond shaped

http://youtu.be/3YcFN3Ns0yI

Did you transfers the gm module / ews from your 325i into your ti ?

Allan , the diamond shape key will charge off the induction coils in ignition , be sure to make sure the key has had some time in the ignition .

Until the battery is poked... then it won't charge anymore :( Lasted 13 odd years though.