Sign in to follow this  
Arma

EOI: 2001 BMW 530i M-Sport

Note: This is more of an expression of interest (EOI) to see who might be interested.

So I've got my eyes on something at the moment and the missus insists that I sell this car before getting any more. Also, running out of garage space so I guess her argument is understandable. I'm not in any rush, but if a good offer presents itself then I may be interested.

I am looking to sell my Alpine White 2001 530i M-Sport. Odometer just hit 104000kms and it is in great condition. I purchased it at 96000kms few months ago and since then have spent over $3000 in preventative maintenance:

• 97000 kms - Rattling Disa valve replaced
  • 97000 kms - Faulty exhaust camshaft position sensor replaced
  • 97000 kms - New induction hose located next to Disa valve installed (old one kind of tore when replacing disa valve)
  • 98000 kms - Rear sway bar links replaced (new links installed)
  • 98000 kms - Broken rear sway bar brackets replaced (1 new bracket, 1 used bracket installed)
  • 100300 kms - Engine oil and filter changed - EXCELLIUM 5w30
  • 100300 kms - Thermostat replaced with brand new OEM Thermostat
  • 100300 kms - Water pump replaced with brand new GRAF Water pump (with Metal Impeller)
  • 100300 kms - Upper radiator hose replaced with brand new one
  • 100300 kms - Handbrake shoes and disc rotors deglazed
  • 100300 kms - Handbrake shoes adjusted
  • 100300 kms - Handbrake cables adjusted
  • 102000 kms - rear bumper re-aligned and re-sprayed: scratch-less now!

Future maintenance:

• Small power steering leak from the hose under the reservoir. I have a brand new replacement hose for this + O-ring for the reservoir. It is probably about 1 hours labour to replace it, just haven't gotten round to it.
  • I will also include a brand new OEM flex disc / guibo for the driveshaft which is known to split/crack in e39s. Mine is still in decent working condition but I purchased a brand new one for future maintenance.

Again no rush, but if anyone is interested feel free to PM me or reply to this thread. Viewing would be in the city. This is a very good example of an e39 and people I know can attest to the fact that I take good care of her!

Pricewise, on tardme I'll be looking for $12800, but I'm happy to do ~$11500 for bimmersport members.

Tradme: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=647020404&ed=true

If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep this and take my eyes off the other thing :). Still pretty reluctant to sell though..

I may withdraw this listing soon if there is not much interest / my circumstances change.

Will put more photos up shortly:

530i_5.jpg
Bonnie9_raw_resized_europlate.jpg

Edited by Arma

must be one heck of a car you got your eyes on if you're considering selling this thing!

Yep, looks just as good in the flesh. Adeeb, can I have the steering wheel? ... I've got one like the one it came with originally. No point letting that bad boy go to waste!

Yep, looks just as good in the flesh. Adeeb, can I have the steering wheel? ... I've got one like the one it came with originally. No point letting that bad boy go to waste!

Normally I would let you have it. But in this case still not sure on whether I'll be 100% selling yet so not really wanting to swap parts out for now, sorry mate! Are those steering wheels hard to come by?

Got your eyes on that M5 huh? XD

Just one eye at the moment ;)

Normally I would let you have it. But in this case still not sure on whether I'll be 100% selling yet so not really wanting to swap parts out for now, sorry mate! Are those steering wheels hard to come by?

Not hard too hard to find I thought, just expensive?

Edited by Lucan

Not hard too hard to find I thought, just expensive?

Yes, this ^. Expensive because it's hard to come by a second with the airbag - and a new airbag is $$$$s.

It was $90 to swap for the record.

That sounds pretty decent. Do the 'sad clown' steering wheels have thinner grip? Or feel drastically different?

AFAIK they are thinner, less ergonomic, and larger diameter.
It was a place on Gt. North Rd. up past BM Workshop.

I wanted to swap my newer style one from my 530i too, but different 'buttons' and also my 530i had le mans blue stitching as per the rest of the car, so just left it in the end.

I definitely prefer the newer style, thicker, more comfortable and looks better. But wasn't a deal breaker for me.