Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Stunning E39 540i

Looks very tidy and low kms. Paddle shifters definitely didn't come standard. The auction doesn't even mention them so I'm guessing they're not functional, if they are they'd be fairly superfluous as the steptronic shifts are fairly slow in manual mode unless the trans s/w has been upgraded.

My guess is the wheel came off an E46 SMG but the paddles don't work.

EDIT: Car does look good though.

Edited by jeffbebe

:( I stare rather lovingly at this car regularly on reTardme - it's just absolutely gorgeous!!! It ticks lots of boxes for me spec wise, NZ new, colour, low kms etc etc etc - its awesome. But, then I think, hey, realistically I can get a fairly tidy 540i Motorsport, for 7-8k, done under 200 clicks. Spend coupla grand on it, & it'd be sweet(ish).

I dunno, but I reckon high 13's, low 14's would be about tops for me on it really. If ya took it for a drive, & then 'just had to have it' - anything more than high 14's becomes heart over-riding the head too much on it really.....

You're sorta factoring in at the same time, just how much extra the 'leap of death' is to a E39 M5 from this car........

In some ways, its a bit like his wife has 'told him to sell it', but he doesn't really want to............................. ;) If I was this guy, short of medical or age related reasons for selling it, I'd be keeping it......

Edited by Blue-540i

My guess is the wheel came off an E46 SMG but the paddles don't work.

I was thinking the same thing too. Looks pretty darn cool though although useless.

I also think high 13s would be a good price... Considering E60 530i (Non m-sport) could be picked up around 15k these days.

There is an option to retrofit those paddles a number of people on the US and UK boards have done it. Just because it wasn't thought of on this small forum does not mean it can't be done. http://www.motivemods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MM-PA-3

For the km's and condition I think this car is worth the money. Still much cheaper than an M5.

Edited by NZ BMW
  • Like 1

Superb example and has been for sale for ages, he started at $23k, dropped it to $20k and has been at $18k for close to three weeks. Would probably find a home in my garage for $15k.

Seen this car, car club member...real nice

It's had a lot of options boxes ticked, for an NZ car. They often missed out. I wonder if it'd still be for dsale, had it been a manual B)