Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

No FTA Bathurst - thanks V8 Supercars Australia! :-(

I didn't really click until yesterday that theres no 'free' Bathurst viewing this year - TV 3 hasn't even brought today's Bathurst race. We've got Sky, but obviously not the channel Bathurst is on, as that'll require us being reamed harder in the pocket.

Mate just told me Sky apparently has the rights for 10 years now. Much as I've loved watching this, & other V8 racing since I was a kid - there's always a limit & a line with me. My message to V8 Supercars & Sky TV - "GET FU#KED, money grabbing w#nkers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll find something else to do.

Cheers - if I click the 'you are missing the plug-in to play this, upgrade' bit - is that gonna give my lappy AIDS ya reckon??

Edit - yay, its playing now - awesome!!! Picture me off to grab my power point projector!!! You're a legend - thanks, very much!!!!

Edited by Blue-540i

Find some 80's and 90's reruns - WAY more interesting B) The new ones are a bit ghey - basically all racing the same car with different engines in.

It is pretty stink that you have to pay to watch it. Especially when they only really play highlights and at a stupid time. But it is good watching Bathurst without ads and in full hd. And we get DTM free to air so that makes up for it :)

DTW vs Bathurst.................??!! :rolleyes::huh:

Bit like having the choice between keys for a M5 or a Yaris / Prius........I'd be taking the M.........

If anyone isn't watching I would say click that link and enjoy the last 15 laps, This is going to be a good race.

use the 2nd ustream link, better stream and more pixels for definition :P, but have an ad blocker, otherwise interrupts continuous streaming.

the vipbox is lower quality, a bit choppy, but its continuous stream without ad breaks

Edited by dubman

Was an amazing last few laps!! Glad frosty held onto it to win there for the first time. And the first time for fords own team since '77.

FORD FTW!!!!

I have sky and didn't watch any of it.. like a boss. Watched the Billy T omnibus instead, was way better!

Also drove 900km this weekend and overtook 23,000 Holdens.

Well true in that there wasn't many stacks / rain etc.............Murphy clipping the wall, Nissan vs roo, & Nissan V8 2 stroke motor were about only dramas.............

but we watch the V8's for the wheel to wheel racing and driver skill not the prangs!

;)

(i don't normally watch the V8's but loove the enduro's. Bathurst was epic. stoked someone other than Wincup won.)

• Like 1

I have sky and didn't watch any of it.. like a boss. Watched the Billy T omnibus instead, was way better!

Also drove 900km this weekend and overtook 23,000 Holdens.

Haha!

My neighbour is a holden man, we had the race on in the background, at a get together at his place.

I said how I liked the 90's WAY better, and he said the modern ones were boring too. Pretty much like driving back from auckland :lol:

We decided the best way to liven it up, was to have half the field go the opposite direction to the other half B)

• Like 2

I said how I liked the 90's WAY better, and he said the modern ones were boring too. :lol:

We decided the best way to liven it up, was to have half the field go the opposite direction to the other half B)

I agree with the above bits - did used to be 'better' years ago. Your last line has got a bit of merit in some ways - how bout 2 x 500km races @ Bathurst, 1st 500 'normal' direction, take placings, have a 30min pit stop, then fire em up for 500kms going the 'other' way around Bathurst, eg, up Conrod straight?? Winner then becomes best of 2 race averages........plus it stops the boys getting dizzy after 161 laps one-way........

Haha!

My neighbour is a holden man, we had the race on in the background, at a get together at his place.

I said how I liked the 90's WAY better, and he said the modern ones were boring too. Pretty much like driving back from auckland :lol:

Ha, I watched the highlights the next day, look about 7 minutes. I think they need to add a figure eight section to the track.

Check out these gravity defying goats, now that's entertainment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJfZ7xdGfQ

TV3 always planned to buy the bathurst race which sky wasnt going to stand in their way but they are legally not allowed to put bids in due to being in receivership.

that being said standing in pit lane with the champagne hitting me trumps sky or tv3 or the internet.

Also off topic but i spent all the money i shouldnt have buying a peter brock helmet from one of his earlier years. not painting the house till after Christmas me thinks