Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Tm question

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=658337649

I'm selling what's left of my racecar. This listing didn't sell. but i've had an offer of $2,200 for it outside TM.

It's really difficult to gauge what something like this is worth.

I paid $8k for the full kit, new, ex japan

is this reasonable or should I just relist ?

Hmm. Have you put it up on Nissan Forums here and in Australia? May get a bit more for in in Aus.

Not much use to me but I can appreciate what these things cost and how hard it is to sell.

shipping I think would negate the increase in value, I really just want it gone but can't afford to give it away.

appreciate the comments Graham.

If you have the sack for it, a $1 Reserve really is the most effective way to gauge what the market will pay. But then that can change on any given day based on who is browsing.

If you're considering taking the $2,200 and the bid has reached in excess of that in the past (which the auction indicates), then perhaps re-list with start-price $2,200 and no reserve. That way, the worst you can do is the price you've already considered taking, but you could get more for it :)

That's my 2c at least haha.

Edited by Tristan

If you aren't in a hurry to sell then I'd be re-listing it a few times, Give it some time. I've had some luck in the past stuff won't sell, then after a while someone grabs them for what you want or close to.

I have had items up for a buy now with a few watchers, then just because I want it gone I have $1 reserved it. A couple times I have made more than what it was listed for (you get a lot more views / watchers and bidders at the end) - But then again other times its been a complete flop and you get bugger all.

But it does depend on what it is and if anyone is in the market for it (especially used stuff - I don't think this goes as well)

But then again other times its been a complete flop and you get bugger all.

Yep, bought a full E92 M3 exhaust for $32.00 lol...

I was sure it would hit reserve there was over 300 views and 28 watchers. I'll see what he says today as I've indicated if he wants the block & a few other pieces then we can deal on the lot. But if he just wants the stroker it will cost me to strip so I might as well relist and see.

cheers

If it was me Darren, I'd take it that 2.2k offer - its only 2hundy below what your reserve was, & if theres no fees, then its not miles away from what you're asking, & the money is in your pocket then, & you're then not forever dealing with dumb questions & plebs on it...........

Trade me is hard work these-days if you're selling I think, & if its bad now, it always get worse after Xmas once every-one starts getting Visa bills & realising what they spent 'to keep up with every-one else'........

Take the money & run............ ;):)

• Like 1

Hmmmn... Guess it all comes down to how much you need the money and need it gone. With that much interest I'd just keep relisting it... Sooner or later one of the watchers is going to have the coin that you want from it and will grab it as it's still a bargain compared to new.

I've been watching a 540i supercharger that's for sale in the US. It's half the new price and hasn't sold in months. I can't afford it at the moment but if my fortunes change I'll grab it if it's still for sale. I'm sure some of the watchers on your auction are like me!

I feel ya.

done a deal for the lot. Just the link G4 ecu & nismo spoiler to go.

Dangerous

the buyer is handing me $$$ cash on the day I leave for Toast Martinborough.

better get it in the bank before I drink it.

• Like 1

Pissing the money against the wall is probably as smart as building a race car and some would say the hangover is easier to deal with :(

Have fun.

• Like 1

Was going to say sell it to the US. Ebay.com. Shipping via Mainfrieght for something like that is around $150 via sea.

I buy very little from NZ any more. Inflated prices and few options are my reasons.

the buyer is handing me $$$ cash on the day I leave for Toast Martinborough.

better get it in the bank before I drink it.

:) 'She who drives when you've had a couple' might up her taxi fare.................

Good stuff on getting it done deal though.........

tbh i would try to also include pics of the actual item,as a buyer i like to see whether its wrapped up in the original box or sitting under a work bench with a rat squished beneath it.

personally i would relist but depends how keen you are to sell it quick.

post the link on some drift pages on facebook, those boys are always after more torque

Hustle live it on Facebook,

Am I seriously the only person in the world that doesn't have a Facebook or Twatter profile...............??? :rolleyes::)

No.

I don't either. :)

It's all sold. To one of the 'drift' boys. Have a box full of pistions & conrods under my desk as i type.

• Like 1

Me neither can't see the point. If I cared enough about what someone's been upto to id ask them

• Like 1

Awww, but you / me / we must miss out on so much in life by not being able to 'check in' & tell the world where we are every 5 mins, or what we've brought etc....Same with tagging friends - like seriously?? Or if ya take dumb pills for breakfast, I'll unfriend ya by lunchtime........

Like who really gives a f#ck about all that queer $hit really............????!!!!! :rolleyes: All that social media crap stops people 'actually talking to each other', breaks down communication skills, has a lot to do with advertising & marketing of more products 'we must buy', & IMO, sucks worse than a Queen St hooker...........

Edited by Blue-540i

Hustle live it on Facebook,

two R32s have been stolen this week so far and its only Tuesday.

Not a word of a lie.