Sign in to follow this  
Matt

E30 Touring in Wellington

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=661543770

Anyone know this car? From carjam it looks to be one of Ray's old ones, with the HELLBM plate, most likely this one he sold in 2009. http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/21510-hellbm-e30-touring/?hl=touring

Looks like a bit has been updated since then. Must be nearly 400,000km on the body though! Does anyone know the story with the Evo 3 calipers and Nissan patrol discs as well? Sounds like an interesting upgrade.

$11.5k seems like quite a lot for it, but in saying that there aren't too many around like it, bar Apex's old one.

Don't know it but I have seen it parked in town, I saw it one night when I was drunk and I thought it was mine. Huge mind f***. But the roof racks and wheels don't do it for me.

• Like 1

Yeah I really don't like the wheels at all. I wonder whether the brake setup needs to have big wheels for clearance?

I miss having an e30,this is pretty tempting, although $11.5k? Hmmm

Yup i know the car, it use to be in Auckland the guy works in the Film industry with sets etc. Hes a member on here.

He sourced the kit brand new from memory, and that brake kit was also built up by a member on here a long time ago.

When i saw the car a couple of years ago it was in very good condition, it was also at one of the meets at cornwall park.

Why does he have a random photo of a touring from the internet in the album? Forgot to remove it after he uploaded actual pictures?

Edited by tidyverty

Why does he have a random photo of a touring from the internet in the album? Forgot to remove it after he uploaded actual pictures?

I think they post a pic of what they were aiming for...

I think they post a pic of what they were aiming for...

Whilst possible and logical, in this instance I don't think it's the reason... otherwise he has done a rather poor job of emulating that wide blue touring!

Has anyone been to check this out and can report back, or would any e30 savvy Wellington people like to go and look at it for me?

Alternatively, someone else talk me out of spending over $10k on an e30 with 400,000ish k's on the body! Even though it sounds like a lot has been replaced/upgraded, that many k's must be taking a toll somewhere right?

Has anyone been to check this out and can report back, or would any e30 savvy Wellington people like to go and look at it for me?

Alternatively, someone else talk me out of spending over $10k on an e30 with 400,000ish k's on the body! Even though it sounds like a lot has been replaced/upgraded, that many k's must be taking a toll somewhere right?

I could do, but an E30 is an E30, its always worth the gamble if you can get your hands dirty as parts are so cheap.

Just rust anywhere, and the touring specific parts that are the problem areas worth double checking.

400k on a body nothing to worry about, suspension and all of that will have been replaced at least twice, maybe 3 or 4 times. Paint will have seen better days though unless its been repainted.

if you don't like the wheels, maybe he might like to keep them if you bring your own or something, have found that strategy hit and miss in the past.

That would be awesome if you don't mind checking it out for me. I wil send you a PM some time today when I get the chance!