Sign in to follow this  
RAH

ARE THERE any Genuine E30 320is in NZ?

ARE THERE any Genuine E30 320is in NZ?????

Hi all as the title states. Are there any in New Zealand?

Please list any known cars

"The 320iS was a model built exclusively for the Portuguese and Italian market. It uses a 325i shell with running gear, powered by a 2.0 litre S14 engine from the M3."

Probably not.

Edited by _Matt_

I have spent a lot of time looking around for an E30 M3 and/or S14 motor in NZ, and in all that time I did not come across and 320iS or even hear of any. Just like the M3 they only came out in LHD, which makes them harder to import into NZ and for the hassle and aggravation it would be more worthwhile to get an M3 for most people.

A few still come up for sale in Italy now and again on some of the web-sites, but they tend to be priced fairly high as most people have cottoned on to the scarcity of the model and especially the engine. Quite a few have made it into the UK and Germany where people have grabbed them as they are cheaper than the M3.

The two door version is a great car, 2.0ltr S14, dog-leg box, LSD, M-Tech2 kit plus quite a few extra goodies, the four door not so much, still has engine, box and LSD but not Tech2 kit and fewer goodies (as standard) - so again 2 door prices are a way above the 4-door.

With all the original M3 / 320iS bits I have bought for my S14 conversion it is going to be pretty close to a genuine 320iS by the time I have finished!!

With all the original M3 / 320iS bits I have bought for my S14 conversion it is going to be pretty close to a genuine 320iS by the time I have finished!!

Link to build thread?

Would love a 4-Door E30 Facelift with a S14.

• Like 1

Yes Jon ... bout time some of you race boys started a dam build thread! :)

Build thread is started here...

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46498-e30-racecar-engine-swap-with-a-difference/

Needs an update, I will put some more pics up this week-end.

Buying a complete 320iS and putting a cage in would probably have been a better idea, oh well... :mellow:

Build thread is started here...

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46498-e30-racecar-engine-swap-with-a-difference/

Needs an update, I will put some more pics up this week-end.

Buying a complete 320iS and putting a cage in would probably have been a better idea, oh well... :mellow:

Nice Project but still not a genuine 320is

Edited by RAH

I hardly ever update my one. But its about a race car. That bores most people doesn't it?