Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

And now it's Holdens turn

There are a few Commodes on the roads, but when you take into consideration even asmall assembly plant like Adelaide would need to pump out around 400 cars in a day (2000 a week, 100,000 a year) then you start to see the issues! Even the NZ Police can get through that many in a year.

I saw yesterday that the US government has now sold its GM shares from the bail out, the nett loss was US$10BILLION for the tax payer, makes this Aussie figure look like chump change!!

There are a few Commodes on the roads, but when you take into consideration even asmall assembly plant like Adelaide would need to pump out around 400 cars in a day (2000 a week, 100,000 a year) then you start to see the issues! Even the NZ Police can get through that many in a year.

I saw yesterday that the US government has now sold its GM shares from the bail out, the nett loss was US$10BILLION for the tax payer, makes this Aussie figure look like chump change!!

Dear Australia.

Happy f**king Christmas.

Love, GM Head Office.

Cocks. Worst kept secret, but still that really is shite :( Yet another step towards new rear drive cars becoming the playthings of the 1%

Will serve to further undermine the strength of the unions, wonder if it will have a ripple effect here

• Like 1

aussie need to look at why asian car makers are spending massive amounts of money setting up manufacturing plants in england and other european countries yet everyone is running from oz.

The fact that the employment law in aussie is designed to pay the least skilled laziest employee lots doesnt work, this is why the big companies in the USA went under.

they would be naive to believe its impossible to compete with the wages of asia

Spot on

Unions and government have made their bed... Now the workers get to sleep in it

Will serve to further undermine the strength of the unions, wonder if it will have a ripple effect here

Certainly will have a knock-on effect, there are a number of NZ companies that supply Holden directly, and many more that supply to Aussie indirectly.

Un-believeably sh!t timing, feel for those affected.

A view on why: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11170914

At least Holden lasted longer than Saab under GM... But it does seem GM Is still struggling, even after the huge bailout they took.

• Like 1

News on the radio @ 2pm, is saying the plebs @ 'V8 Supercars' have finally twigged that there may be a slight problem ahead in their future............. :rolleyes:

Its ok though - apparently the cure is 'We're thinking of dropping the V8 part out of the name & maybe open the series up a bit'...............like, duh - you're gonna have a choice in it anyway............

Why would that be then?

Nissan, Mercedes and Volvo are all in the V8 Supercars and don't build cars in Aussie, Ford USofA and FPR have confirmed they will still enter a car in the series after 2016.

The Holden announcement won't affect the car that runs in Supercars at all, they bear no resemblance to any production vehicle as it stands with the new CotF chassis anyways. All they will do is run the race cars under the same name as whatever GM model they sell in Aussie as the replacement for the Commodore.

I would be more worried if I worked for HSV is all honesty....

How dare you apply logic to Blue-540i's posts.

A V8 Supercar is basically a HSV with some adjusties bro.

• Like 1

How dare you apply logic to Blue-540i's posts.

A V8 Supercar is basically a HSV with some adjusties bro.

Lowered on 'Makita special' springs g.

It just doesn't make financial sense for GM to keep producing the commonwhore in OZ. I reckon even if the Commodore was still to be made off-shore, how many generations of Australians are out there that would be put off by the fact that the commodore is no longer made in 'Straya ?

Opps, my bad ;):) - controversy, again :D - like how does this happen............??!! :rolleyes::) Anyway, the radio news was implying it was all to do with the Commerdoor being dropped, & something to do with Holden concentrating on V6 engine production somewhere other than Aussssstraaaaalia for its replacement...........

I like some of the above posted logic though - there is a place for it in my world.............. :)