Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Looking at tourings

Hey all. So we sold the WRX wagon on the weekend and are in the market for a larger wagon\touring. Will mostly be driven by the wife carting our kids during the week and me driving on the weekends. I was hoping to get an e46 M touring but I don't think it's much bigger boot wise than the WRX - the kid's bikes only just fit and there wasn't much room left for anything else. Budget wise looking at around 12k.

I like the idea of an e39 touring but these are getting on now so harder to find. I went and had a look at this one:

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47007-fake-brembos-on-a-e39-touring-m-sport/

But the adds-on's were a turn off and it had some steering shudder over 90km.

Anyone know anything about this car?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=662655305

Though something in Auckland would be better... any ideas?

the steering shudder could be from the hamann wheels not being the correct centre bore size, worth a look to see if theres hub centric rings on them

I'm very pleased with my E46 320d Touring (so far - touch wood), and may well consider something like a M-Sport 530d Touring in the future. When I've saved lots of money.

I think someone said the 530i had been for sale for a while. Not sure why - it looks OK.

E39 touring is an awesome car, the 530 is probably a good compromise of go and economy, i am always amazed at what i can get in the boot of mine, i took a full size fridge up north for my parents in the boot once!! Try that with a wrx! Plus full of safety and gizzmos!

Good luck.

How would the young one's be with cloth seats as to leather?.

Was thinking that leather would be nice - my daughter has occasionally lost her lunch on long trips and the result should be easier to remove from leather!

Put's a whole different perspective on looking at cars when you factor young children in the mix been their done that best of luck with your hunt Micheal.