Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Anyone know this car (Black 540i E34 in Auckland)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/nz/auction-670977218.htm

I know its been up for sale for ages as I comes up in my searches all the time. Pricey though.. assuming thats the reason its still there? I am tempted, but a lot of $$ for a near 20year old car. Suspension been done but I would be concerned for that Autobox at this point.

Theres a green 1 too, less boganised, 175kms, super tidy looking, that gets listed from Otrahonga (???) occasionally for 5.5k...........

Bit optimistic describing an aftermarket filter in a stock airbox as a 'cold air induction' system. Bit pricey at those k's too. 4.5-5k would be the most I'd offer.

Mind you, at least the pricing is more realistic than this! http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/540i/auction-673166286.htm

i know the old owner ,before this guy brought it , was a mint car and he spent heaps of love and money on it

Lives somewhere between Takapuna and Bayswater. Sounds like shite with what looks like one of those powerpro exhausts. Ughh. Has lost its original plate now too.

still only a $5k car with $3k wheels = a $5k car

blimming nice car mind you, offer $6.5k maybe?

I low ball offered the guy 5k about a year back. think he was offended. Still, I wouldn't pay any more than 5 for it.

Good feedback thanks. The exhaust tips are indeed woeful.. if it sounded good it might be worth just getting diff tips welded on.

Car also needs an LSD, with all the other stuff done this seems like a strange bit to be missing.

for the right price you could rip all the junk boy racer bits off and have a half decent car.

prob is he sees value in those "additions"

circumstances change, he maybe more motivated now....

for the right price you could rip all the junk boy racer bits off and have a half decent car.

prob is he sees value in those "additions"

circumstances change, he maybe more motivated now....

Yeah to be honest would leave all the bits as is, aside from Diff and Exhaust, I already have a somewhat more classic BMW (850CSi, though slightly modded to keep with the times). I actually want a sorted E34 540i with suspension and bodywork done with decent engine to Supercharge and mess about with.

Edited by kodachrome

Heard bsck from the seller, has the following issues:

Some fog light bulbs gone

Leak at power steering

Rear electric windows not working.. says its an electric control module not the regulator.

Windscreen washer not working

Well he is willing to take 6k as is and those issues are par for the course on an e34 at this stage..

Still annoys me when people don't `get around` to replacing bulbs.

Good feedback thanks. The exhaust tips are indeed woeful.. if it sounded good it might be worth just getting diff tips welded on.

Car also needs an LSD, with all the other stuff done this seems like a strange bit to be missing.

lsd very rare in the 540s cos they had asc or whatever.The only 540 i would go over 5 or 6 would be the e34 540 six speed.

I know of a 540 6-speed that went for $800 recently... Very rough though and the clown had water-blasted the interior (!!) so it was really only a parts car...

Yeah I used to have a e34 540i 6speed with the M5 LSD, bought for 1200 2 years ago.. old BMW's don't command the same premium in Ireland! ;). My 540i 6speed had both ASC and the LSD though, seemed fine? What did stop working was Cruise Control.

I know of a 540 6-speed that went for $800 recently... Very rough though and the clown had water-blasted the interior (!!) so it was really only a parts car...

Id have quite happily brought that.................

At least with E34 V8's you can add a lsd without too much hassle, can't say the same for E39's which need one even more, probably thank the mofo bean counters for that.

The M62 V8's in the E39 have more torque so in my experience its even easier ASC coming on cutting power or getting a wheel going.