Sign in to follow this  
V8E30

BBS RS Advice

Just purchased a set of 15" RS's off ace of spades which I'm going to rebuild, widen, paint etc. I've been thinking about what colour to paint them and am after some advice from you guys. They are for an alpine white tech2 2 door E30.

These are a few of my favourite colour options but am open to other suggestions:

post-28643-0-47711000-1387747440.jpg

post-28643-0-44423100-1387747447.jpg

post-28643-0-28760100-1387747454.jpg

Edited by V8E30

The attachments f**ked up, I'm assuming you meant the grey ones? They changed order haha

Yep... Top one. When I refurbished my RSIIs I painted plain silver (as original) but replaced the bolts with black bolts - looks good IMO and hides the dirt that builds around the bolts!!

I'd go with the gold personally. Always thought the gold BBS looked really good on a white E30

• Like 1

Because I want actual 4x100 not redrilled and also if I brought yours I'd repaint and get new bolts which is kind of a waste for me. Nothing against yours though mate

Because I want actual 4x100 not redrilled and also if I brought yours I'd repaint and get new bolts which is kind of a waste for me. Nothing against yours though mate

I think you will find his are actual 4x100 and not redrilled.

• Like 1

Oh really. Oh okay, still a hassle due to me having to repaint etc because I don't really want white on white. Good luck will selling though mate, I'm sure someone will buy me soon enough

Oh really. Oh okay, still a hassle due to me having to repaint etc because I don't really want white on white. Good luck will selling though mate, I'm sure someone will buy me soon enough

RS003's are so bloody rare because they are 16" and in 4x100, the perfect E30 rim :)

Definitely not ideal having to re-furbish them but I do have all the original bolts etc..

If it's not for you, it's not for you...

RS003's are so bloody rare because they are 16" and in 4x100, the perfect E30 rim :)

Definitely not ideal having to re-furbish them but I do have all the original bolts etc..

If it's not for you, it's not for you...

The other reason RS003's are rare is because they use 15" centers with special 16" barrels and lips, because of this they have more dish than the other 16" RS's.

The other reason RS003's are rare is because they use 15" centers with special 16" barrels and lips, because of this they have more dish than the other 16" RS's.

Correct.

Most people thought my rims were 17" when they saw them!

I'd go with the gold personally. Always thought the gold BBS looked really good on a white E30

+1

i think grey would look really good on a white E30.

where are you getting your lips from, for widening?

i've just split my BBS003 same as Atta and am just about to order new lips for them. someone on here gave me a number for a guy in welly who qouted me around $900 for 4 polished stagered lips with no clear coat and i cant find a better deal anywhere. he has to machine them up himself. impossible to find anything second hand for these wheels.

Yep that's Gavin from 41degree wheels in Wellington. Here's his number he's the cheapest 027 246 8948

• Like 1