Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Rip Every Poor...

I'm sure you all know what Repco stands for, but I had an outstanding example today.

The a/c drive belt broke on our Mazda 3, called Repco, $132.

Called South Auckland Motors, (Ford/Mazda dealers), $35. Then decided I needed the much larger serpentine belt as well, they felt sorry for me because they weren't in stock, got both belts for $65, in tomorrow.

On the off chance that anyone else has a Mazda or Ford (unlikely) that our sponsors don't want to deal with, they have been excellent to deal with (in my whole two experiences). By comparison, I can't drive past John Andrew fast enough.

• Like 1

Yes, that's 'outstanding' alright - good on the genuine parts guys though - funny how some OE stuff has come well back on price over the last couple of years....

Nissan when they were hear were one of the worst. $330 per piston for an SR20DET. Got them for $48each from the states.

Turbo gaskets $110 here. $15 over there. List goes on. All factory Nissan packaged and stamped.

I work at a diff parts company that price seems horrific for a belt pm me vehicle details I'll look it up tomorrow for a laugh

I thought it was horrific considering US "how to" web sites were quoting like $18.

called Repco, $132.

Called South Auckland Motors, (Ford/Mazda dealers), $35.

LOL. :rolleyes:

Repco helped me out today, $27.50 incl GST for a clutch slave cylinder for my E30.

They ordered it from another store in the morning and had it by lunch time.

Food for thought..

I could say the same thing about local BMW parts departments, but no one would believe me : P

I can't even remember the last time I actually bought a part from abroad instead of local (bar second hand items)

I bought oil filters for the 320d cheaper from Cookes BMW in Hamilton than I could from Repco or SCA.

I'm looking for service parts for Mrs M's VW Polo... $45-60 for an oil filter, and over $100 for an air filter from <ahem> high street chain consortium - I can buy oil filters from the UK and have them shipped here for half that, air filters are (the equivalent of) $15 in the UK. Not as convenient, of course... So, anyone have any suggestions for where to get VeeDub parts at a reasonable price?

I could say the same thing about local BMW parts departments, but no one would believe me : P

I can't even remember the last time I actually bought a part from abroad instead of local (bar second hand items)

I purchased my entire engine rebuild from overseas. After freight and GST I saved around $1500 on $5000 worth of engine components. Performance shops in NZ are purchasing the parts for not much less than Joe Blogs can. Cut out the middle man who does nothing more than dip his fingers.

But when it comes to standard parts I am pretty loyal to Gavin at Euro Italian. He just makes things so easy. Quick email and everything is done.

For VW. Your only cheaper option is Qualitat. Ask for Shane and tell him Dan from the BMW forum sent you. Might be lucky to get a discount.

He has put me off any VW and Audi for life though. The horror stories are just crazy.

• Like 1

For VW. Your only cheaper option is Qualitat. Ask for Shane and tell him Dan from the BMW forum sent you. Might be lucky to get a discount.

He has put me off any VW and Audi for life though. The horror stories are just crazy.

Thanks Dan.

I've heard a lot of bad things about VAG, but good things too. The Polo should be simple enough to hopefully not suffer so much.

I'll give Shane a call in the morning.

I'm looking for service parts for Mrs M's VW Polo... $45-60 for an oil filter, and over $100 for an air filter from <ahem> high street chain consortium - I can buy oil filters from the UK and have them shipped here for half that, air filters are (the equivalent of) $15 in the UK. Not as convenient, of course... So, anyone have any suggestions for where to get VeeDub parts at a reasonable price?

:D 'Penance', ^^^^^^^^for owing a VW maybe................

As with all parts places, sometimes they're good and other times they're horrendous. Most of the battle is finding staff that are parts people, not just retail assistants :(

• Like 1

:D 'Penance', ^^^^^^^^for owing a VW maybe................

Cheeky! :P:lol:

Looks like Qualitat do a suitable oil filter for about $12. That's a very good start. :)

I priced up a RS3 rim last year and nearly had a heart attack ... It makes BMW M rims like pocket change.

But then whenever I feel a part is a bit expensive I logon ferrarichat.com to check out what Ferrari owners pay for a carbon fibre cupholder or an exhaust bolt and I start to feel all better again :D:P:P

Edited by M3_Power

Thanks Dan.

I've heard a lot of bad things about VAG, but good things too. The Polo should be simple enough to hopefully not suffer so much.

I'll give Shane a call in the morning.

+1 for Qualitat. Have had nothing but good experience so far. Even though they sell parts for the automotive equivalent of a fridge.

We priced up a head set for a vw passat $935 including $250 of freight Shane was very good lol don't know what the customer did in the end

I think theres a place for Repco & Supercheap etc, but generally on stuff like air / oil filters / pads etc I usually just buy genuine.............I did regret that the other day getting a oil filter for my partner's Mazda 6 - it was 50% dearer than my Cruiser ute one!!! :o:rolleyes:

Edited by Blue-540i

Where do you work? Just curious as I'm in the parts industry as well.

Actually used to wrk for the named place during the sell out phase 8 years ago

• Like 1

Delicious bit of irony. A/c belt arrived, no serpentine belts in country. Might be looking for a BnT in Manukau.