Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Couple cans of buff needed on this one - Oppps!

that's the one that drunk dude clipped a powerpole in. Doubt insurance paid out on that one.

• Like 1

I'd wondered if it was the same one - high odds theres not many around........looks like its been rolled as well in LH pillar area?? Edit - could be just impact damage in LH pillar somehow.......

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

how much do think it would go for................

seeing as this was listed with turners through an insurance company i would say they did pay out.

the driver was charged with reckless driving but not excess breath alcohol so im guessing the drunk story was just what everyone assumes when they see a crash.

Wonder if you could fit the engine in an E30?

Well, looking at what's left of the car and engine, I think it would fit quite easily in an E30. Probably fit the engine in the glove box with the state it's in.

Always amazes me how many people manage to hit a power pole smack bang in the middle of their car - the round thing, in your hands, turn it!! I think "clipped a power pole" may be under-selling it a little.

• Like 2

Listed through an insurance company............truly?? Private individuals can put stuff through a DVA too..........and they do.........

And if its the one from Auckland that was biffed a while back, were'nt Police saying in print somewhere excessive alcohol was involved...... ???

Well, looking at what's left of the car and engine, I think it would fit quite easily in an E30. Probably fit the engine in the glove box with the state it's in.

Always amazes me how many people manage to hit a power pole smack bang in the middle of their car - the round thing, in your hands, turn it!! I think "clipped a power pole" may be under-selling it a little.

easy. they look out the windshield, think oh cr@p that's a power pole, continue to keep their eyes on it and they then steer towards it.

moral of the story. Look where you want to go. Not where you don't.

• Like 1

I'd be doing curing the front off and turning it into thispost-17370-0-30242000-1389056067.jpg

Be one Epic trailer

Edited by Mr2low
  • Like 2

How can they (wrongfully) charge him with drink driving, only to withdraw it months after the accident? Surely your either over the limit or under.

And I have a feeling even if he doesn't wind up getting an insurance payout, he could cover it.

Edited by vtgts300kw

Perhaps he wasn't breath tested immediately after? Probably some bullshit technicality.

Like the lawyer that got off because the cop tested him on private property.

"Most expensive power pole in Auckland" - well it is now!!!

Funny, as today's Sunday Times (& hey, we all know how accurate THAT is........ :rolleyes: ) reckons he was convicted of careless use & DUI, & car is now on TM at $1 reserve........

Edit - Found it - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/aston-martin/rapide/auction-689397057.htm so that bit is right anyway..... ;):)

Edited by Blue-540i

I wonder what Turners paid for it in their 'cash now' program... And who had the job of deciding what it was worth?

The engine would be good for someone with very deep pockets - it'll be a spare for a race car somewhere.

I wouldn't be counting on that motor / trans being 100% perfect after its had a tap like that into the front of it..........

However, the rear bumper & tail lights still look ok........... ;)

so how does that work? is the trademe seller a turners representitive?

I wouldn't be counting on that motor / trans being 100% perfect after its had a tap like that into the front of it..........

However, the rear bumper & tail lights still look ok........... ;)

my thoughts too

so how does that work? is the trademe seller a turners representitive?

Turners Auctions, selling via Trademe auction........... ;) Most Turners sites also sell some stuff via Trademe - Christchurch especially........

Edit - heres the unscratched version.........http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/aston-martin/auction-678684739.htm

Edited by Blue-540i