Sign in to follow this  
gjm

E30 options

I can easily find what options were fitted to E36s and later cars - using the chassis number there are sites where this info can be found - but seem to be struggling with an E30 I have found.

Is it the case that this info isn't typically available for older cars, like the E30? Or is it simply that I've found an 'awkward' car that wants to keep secrets?

Older than late 80's BMW seem a bit hit and miss. Ive been able to get options lists sometimes for older cars like 1984-1986 635csi's and such

I've been offered a cabby, a 325i auto... But it's supposed to be black, with cloth seats (and a rear bench seat).

But it's not. Full leather interior, two separate leather rear seats, and what I think is a very old (but good) respray - the paint in the well where the hood would sit is old-looking and (new) body-coloured.

It's had a new cambelt, waterpump, radiator and other things done, and looks very nice. The leather on the top of the rear seat as cracked and split in places, and the outer side bolster on the drivers seat is unsurprisingly worn. I know a man who can fix this - I'll have to pay, but he does award-winning work on boats and hot rods.

I think I'm having a mid-life crisis.

Oh well.

<shrug>

Best to just go with it, I guess. :D

If it was a 328, someone else we know would be after it...hang on, I don`t believe it.. this is my 100th post ( Ripple of aplause)....

You can't get much info for South African built cars, so could be one (or has the identity from one, fraudulently ;)) - Most Jap Import 325i's are Souuth African, though the 320i's and 318i's were more usually German built.

Have you seen the red tech1 cab on trade me at the moment? Very intriguing!

Yup SA build E30s were outside some of the BMW systems and info is sketchy. If you pm me the VIN I can check it out for you.

All 'verts have the twin bucket seats in the rear as factory. Paint in the hood stowage possibly looks old as it doesn't often get cleaned or polished.

Whats "Edition ZV"?

There's lots of Editions and codes:

720 Edition ZD
721 Edition ZB
722 Edition ZF
723 High Line
724 Edition ZH
725 Edition ZE
726 Edition ZN
727 Edition ZO
728 Edition ZV
729 Edition Importers
740 Executive ZD
741 Executive ZB
742 Executive ZF/ZG
743 Executive Special Market
744 Executive ZH
746 Executive ZE
747 Executive ZN
748 Executive ZO
749 Executive ZV
:unsure:

Whats "Edition ZV"?

Possibly something to do with it being an SE maybe? It has a LOT of "options" not listed on the build sheet - The touring style side skirts, rear boot spoiler and side mirrors are all colour coded, fully lined bootlid with toolkit etc could all be covered by either that, or the "basisumfand fuer", which is something about "comprehensive". Or possibly even different country/climate specs - it has all the vents in the front valance,where some cars have them blocked or not even part of the pressing.

I'd love to have a list that covered EVERYTHING available.

I'd love to have a list that covered EVERYTHING available.

New thread started for this.

New thread started for this.

Were you a bit bored??? or in trouble with her indoors??? :lol:

Cheers, now find what each "edition" is :o

:P

It has a LOT of "options" not listed on the build sheet.

What you have there is the options list, also known as the order details. The build list covers everything fitted, including factory standard equipment.

...The build list covers everything fitted, including factory standard equipment.

They're harder to get though... for some of us!