Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Multi-posting

There have been a number of multiple postings over the last few weeks. I've noticed that when starting a new thread, or replying to an existing one, it sometimes seems to take a while for the post to be... errmm... posted.

However, if you think that your post hasn't been accepted, try opening a new browser window and see if your post is one of the most recent ones. It probably is.

So rather than click again (causing the multi-post), have a look first. The issue isn't with posts being accepted (it more than likely has), but that the forum isn't coming back with a confirmation.

For example - it happened with this post! ^

I clicked on post, and 30 seconds later the forum hadn't confirmed. Opening a new window and clicking the 'View New Content' link showed my post to be at the top of the list.

No problem. Just close the window where you had entered your post. :)

That's what I do too. It's also happening on my photography forum

Edited by *Glenn*

I do the same Graham, have been for ages, rather than rehitting the button & posting x number of times - I originally thought the slowness was a problem with my internet speed, but its not............ ;)

I find it's easier to highlight your text, copy it (Crtl+C) then press F5 (to refresh).

If the post is there, sweet.

If not, Paste (Crtl+V) your text in the reply box and submit it again. Worked for me, though I don't have it happen much at all (will happen now though, just coz I said that!)

Maybe the interwebnet needs new batteries?

Wheather or not I'm on my iPad, cell phone, laptop or desktop sometimes it hangs indefinitely when you hit the submit button for your post. I've now learnt to just hit the back button then refresh and the post you've made appears.

Wheather or not I'm on my iPad, cell phone, laptop or desktop sometimes it hangs indefinitely when you hit the submit button for your post. I've now learnt to just hit the back button then refresh and the post you've made appears.

I do the same

i purposely spam the submit button as fast as possible to see how many posts I can make at once.

• Like 2