Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

Anyone want to help me solve the mother inlaw issues? greenlane

So the mother in law wants a volvo.
Willing to spend up to about 8K
under 230kms,

not signapore import,

Must have steering wheel buttons and not be modified.

So ive been looking for a while and found this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volvo/auction-691182466.htm

Seems perfect, nz new, low kms etc

only problem is she think everything is on auction to either be a scam or to sell a dodgy car.

It would be a massive help if anyone on here who might pass through Great south road on the way home or to work could have a quick squizz at it for me, seems they are shut weekends so would have to be either friday arvo or monday/tuesday.
Would get an AA check if your opinion looks positive so really just want to check it all starts nice doesnt smash into gear etc. and general feel of interior and body.

Bit of a long shot but if anyone felt like helping a brother out it would be very appreciated

257 GSR Greenlane is Archibald & Shorter - can't see them trying to fob anyone off with something dodgy. It'd be more grief and do more damage to their franchised dealer reputation than it'd be worth.

That would be a great help, they are open today 8 till 5.30 and it appears that sales is actually open sat and sun just not service etc.

I am completly confident in the dealership which is where much of the frustration lies.

She wouldnt buy the last one becuase it had "obviously been hooned", apparent evidence of which was the headunit had been replaced...

I love Volvos but an S60...really? i have a mental picture of a Volvo service manager rubbing his hands together...

There are 3x 850r's on TM ATM, the red one in Taranaki looks nice - NZ new, spend a few $ fixing the AC and BAM!.

No steering wheel buttons but they come with some head units.... http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volvo/850r/auction-689788833.htm

That S60 will be worth $2k in two years when the mileage clicks over 100k's IMHO. (Probably only worth $2k now)

The 850r is classy, solid, relatively cheap to fix and will hold value.

Plus no-one ever regretted giving their mother in law a few extra hp....

i have never agreed with anyone more than i agree with you right now chris.

she lives in a middle of nowhere town with one mechanic who probably doesnt know volvos at all.

she drives like crap, reversed her car into my house three times so far (fairly straight driveway)
And then she test drove an s60 and that was that. nothing else would do.

We may yet see a thread coming up called "jason tries to tidy up the worlds most f**ked hyundai sonata" or maybe "scrap value or bust"

• Like 1

We did one the for a guy the other day I gave him a better price coz he took the water pump and that cambelt kit didn't come with the seal kit which was 150 ish alone

Right Jason.

Had a look at the car. looks straight out side, wt dog smell inside, tonnes of pet hair. rubberised parts scratched. all functions works fine.

opened bonnet, the radiator hose that goes across the top of the engine didn't sit on their mounts right, looked further, radiator hose was a non standard part and there was coolant stains everywhere.

stay away from this car.

Cheers mate. That solves this problem for at least another week haha. Much appreciated

She must be a kiwi

its not broke, dont need to service it, breaks, "unreliable euro"

Bingo. Her previous cars include a daimler, lancia, alfa, fiat and an older volvo.

So not the worst taste. Just unsuitable for her taste in driving style and maintanance

Read the title of the thread and thought you wanted to take a contract out.....

...only read the thread as I could do with the same service.

• Like 1

Its over she bought one. Very tidy well maintained.

Who cares. Never ever ever ever again. Dear god i almost took an offramp backwards to end the whole saga. But i was in a volvo so it seemed a pointless exercise.

And rag top.

" the smokey haze will rise over a half moon." if ya catch my drift

Read the title of the thread and thought you wanted to take a contract out.....

...only read the thread as I could do with the same service.

So wanting 'contract', or car for her then.............. :huh:

So the mother in law wants a volvo.

Willing to spend up to about 8K

under 230kms,

not signapore import,

Must have steering wheel buttons and not be modified.

So ive been looking for a while and found this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volvo/auction-691182466.htm

Seems perfect, nz new, low kms etc

only problem is she think everything is on auction to either be a scam or to sell a dodgy car.

It would be a massive help if anyone on here who might pass through Great south road on the way home or to work could have a quick squizz at it for me, seems they are shut weekends so would have to be either friday arvo or monday/tuesday.

Would get an AA check if your opinion looks positive so really just want to check it all starts nice doesnt smash into gear etc. and general feel of interior and body.

Bit of a long shot but if anyone felt like helping a brother out it would be very appreciated

dont get an AA report get it checked by volvo delaer and or volvo independent

Yea did that. The low kms one i linked was shagged. Leaks everywhere. Worn suspension. sh*t not bolted down. And all servicing done by volvo dealer. Got one at 137kms would never guess it had done more than 50.

And oh my god. A 4 hour drive home with someone who doesnt stop talking about absolute sh*t.

Introduced herself to the car dealer by saying "oh you sounded much skinnier on the phone" what the f***.

A contract is sounding good now. Will sort out ragtops contract first

• Like 1

Words i have been told from a very young age, always have good look at the mother. Thats coming your way in about 20-30 years.

• Like 1