Sign in to follow this  
ashmill

WTB: M20B25 Complete

Want to buy an M20B25 complete with AFM and ECU, for an E30 facelift.

Would you consider an M50 2.5litre with an E34 sump already fitted and the loom modified to run in an E30 and the ECU included.

Oooo whats that worth Geoff? Sure someone would snap that up on Bimmersport.

I have quite a few M20B25 bits and bobs Bruce, AFMs, ECUs, airboxes, etc. if you find a bare engine and need these bits they could be yours for cheap.

Only B25 I have at the moment is in the 'vert and I'm using that I'm afraid!

I have quite a few M20B25 bits and bobs Bruce, AFMs, ECUs, airboxes, etc. if you find a bare engine and need these bits they could be yours for cheap. Only B25 I have at the moment is in the 'vert and I'm using that I'm afraid!

Geeez JTP it would only take a couple of hours to get the engine out of the vert.

Very true Geoffrey, but then what do I do? Pedal it down the road??

Pedal the engine to my house and we can swap it for something

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Very true Geoffrey, but then what do I do? Pedal it down the road??

Fred Flintstone never moaned about such a small issue.

Jon just buy Geoff's M50 everybody wins except me

Thanks Geoff - my preference at this stage is an M20 because I know my way around them.

Will keep you in mind though and will have a yap at Puke next weekend.

Will keep you in mind to Jon, thank you. Do you need any bits to get the S14 running?

M50 is just as easy as M20, especially if its plug and play like geoffs setup

Will keep you in mind to Jon, thank you. Do you need any bits to get the S14 running?

Just got a couple of things to sort out now - got a driveshaft but the front section needs lengthening and the exhaust headers and system.

Both of which I will need to pay someone to do for me as I don't have the equipment - so that's the only hold up - money, grr!

What car are you looking for the M20 for Bruce? You got another project on the go?

Yes Jon I have a really nice NZ new E30 320i SE manual in red. It has 270xxx kms so a bit tired. An M20B25 drops straight in even with the 240 gearbox. I'm not sure if the M50 will mate to the current box. If it does then Geoff and I will have a serious chat.

It will, but will be tilted 10~ degrees and you'll have to make a modified gearbox crossmember. (and shift linkage)

However, since it's got a Getrag 240, you could swap it or trade it or buy a Getrag240 for an M40 and that will fit perfectly using an m20 flywheel & Driveshaft. I think you may need the m40 crossmember, quite a few have used the m40 g240 on an M5x.

It will, but will be tilted 10~ degrees and you'll have to make a modified gearbox crossmember. (and shift linkage)

However, since it's got a Getrag 240, you could swap it or trade it or buy a Getrag240 for an M40 and that will fit perfectly using an m20 flywheel & Driveshaft. I think you may need the m40 crossmember, quite a few have used the m40 g240 on an M5x.

yep this. But all manual cross members are the same, it just bolts to the body a bit further forward on the body using the sliding notches on edges of transmission tunnel

Now I have some thinking to do. I actually have all the parts you listed Michael having just wrecked a FL M40 manual.

Thanks for your help everyone - keep it coming.

No Brainer, honestly an M50 is a far superior engine. (obviously)

Yes Jon I have a really nice NZ new E30 320i SE manual in red. It has 270xxx kms so a bit tired. An M20B25 drops straight in even with the 240 gearbox. I'm not sure if the M50 will mate to the current box. If it does then Geoff and I will have a serious chat.

Sorry Bruce as a result of the publicity a guy has bought my engine.

I have an M20B25 under the bench in the back of my garage that is complete as far as I remember (May just be missing the intake manifold now that I think of it) it came out of a NZ new Tech2 car (Rays) when he went 2.7 and I removed it from mine when I did the same. Could be available if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Can go one better for you Bruce: M50B30 stroker.

Have all parts ie manual E34 loom,E34 sump,DME,AFM etc.

Have all parts for a M20B28 stroker in stock as well.

Ross`s motor sounds like a good option.

You have a PM Ross.

Hi Ben

Just searching for a little more power - I think a 2.5 will go well.

Hi Ross

I am definitely keen, please PM me a price.