Sign in to follow this  
nickr

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Schnitzer wheel?

One of my E39's lovely Schnitzer wheels shat itself on a ChCh bumpy road. Not fixable.

Now I have 3 Schnitner 18" wheels and the spare which is a standard BMW 15 inch.

Does anyone know how/where I could source an identical replacement wheel. There doesn't seem to be a serial or model number on the schnitzer wheels, unless I don't know where to look, so I have attached a photo (I hope).

ZZcRcbr.jpg

Are they genuine wheels? If so check the Schnizzle web-site..

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/

If you can find them on there, and they are still available, get the part number and take it to your local BMW Parts Department and they can get them for you.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Thank you for your prompt responses. Yes I have insurance, but they willonly pay for one wheel, and obviously I don't want to end up with an odd one.

Actually maybe I should just take it into the BMW dealers and ask their advice.

My Schnitzer 17" X 8.5 type 3's are $1100 + Gst each to replace through BMW . Yours will probably be dearer

Edited by *Glenn*

Can you post up a pic of the back side of the wheel? You might need to clean around the edges, there should be some markings there which we'll be able to tell if they're genuine or not. Replica replacements will be much cheaper to replace, but expect it to fail again driving over bumpy roads.

If the dealers can actually replace them, I am happy (apart from the excess and the reduction of no claims bonus!).

I wasn't even aware that there was a trade in fake Schnitzer wheels, I guess its like anything of value, fakes will abound.

I'll look at the back of the damaged wheel tonight for markings, it is sitting in my garage at home and is easier to get to the back than the ones on the car.

I'll take a good shot of the damage too so that you can all gasp at the power of potholes (and believe me there are plenty of the f***ing things around here, a new crop open up every day!)

Edited by nickr

I've got genuine type 3s but mine don't have the fake bolts on them like these do. Thinking they're fakes

You managed to take a snap of the markings behind the broken wheel? There should be distinct markings on the edges of the barrel, and behind one of the spokes you should see 'Made in germany' and also the AC Schnitzer logo if it's genuine. On the barrel edge you should see 'RONAL' - I think that's the actual manufacturing company AC used for these wheels.

First the damage:

6LG4UpY.jpg

The knockout at the centre of the wheel, which does say "Ronal" but that is just a knockout, can't see it anywhere on the wheel itself.

LK7UQIO.jpg

The rest are of the spokes, sorry I realise now they aren't the best:

RrRvKb3.jpg

YToBrWW.jpg

wq59kfn.jpg

fakes. take the genuine you get from insurance. sell. buy new set of fakes

Shame it's only one I'd get a price from bmw and negotiate a 'cash' settlement because I doubt someone is going to buy one

At least you get a flash garden hose reel if you get to keep the broken rim

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1