Allanw

Mojojoe?

Did you buy a red Mitsi??? :lol: The trees had a trim just a bit further down:

12738708153_a98de3a8d9_z.jpg

12739023404_14ceeb6a15_z.jpg

12738553845_7485f6f985_z.jpg

12738701733_272b16f5ab_z.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, there is a chunk of seal missing on the apex of the corner... people don't expect the camber and gradient changes that occur through that corner... but it comes down to going too fast at the end of the day...

I reckon 2 cars go over thereeach year, at least. 2 so far this year :-)

Still what's worse, is the 4 times we've seen people drive along this road on the wrong side! Tourists leaving the attraction around the corner - one made it about 1km, around about 6 blind corners, and 2 brows of hills :o

That's bloody scary about the tourists though.

Yeah... and the council refused to put up signs or arrows on the road......

Could the Council or Land transport be held liable for the no signs being posting, Public health and safety and all that?

Could the Council or Land transport be held liable for the no signs being posting, Public health and safety and all that?

Probably not... ACC would "cover" the human damage, so why worry???

Ermmmm... up here, the council CREATES hazards and road dangers as a matter of course - a roundabout on an angle (trucks have to be careful, as the longest, sharpest side is the lowest side!) then plant bushes on it, and the islands, so you can't see the cars already on the roundabout. They build a new intersection, and put a stone wall in the "garden" as well as the bushy plants so you can't see very well from the free-turn lane if there is traffic coming (unless you are in a van or truck etc). Phase the lights so 2 or 3 of the 15 waiting cars get through on the green, then complain about red light runners in the papers... and tell me the lights work perfectly, even though at 645AM, you can wait at a red for over 2 minutes with ZERO cars using the 3 other looooong green phases, and they can tell you that is considered "working correctly" by looking at their computers in their offices - the line of waiting cars is probably just some kind of hallucination, I guess. Build a shared pedestrian/cycle path, but put "driveway crossings" through it repeatedly, so it's bumpy and a trip hazard - mostly just to drain water, seemingly. Build a cycle path, then cut a drain so deep/sharp across it, that you can't use it and have to go on the road, where there are islands, so it's narrow. I had to call *555 last year, as I'd just left work, drove down Maunu road to cross State Highway 1, and a car shot through a gap in the line of cars I was in... there were two green light phases at the same time! crossing each other. They've also started putting red light arrows everywhere - usually at the START of a phase, so half the traffic can't move anywhere, regardless if there is oncoming traffic or not. Tarseal the ONLY direct way to the airport on a weekday afternoon/evening (right into "rush" 1/2 hour), so the 10 minute trip to the airport (even in peak traffc) takes 50 minutes. Build a completely new road, then start the car parking on the side at the exact spot where the busiest right turning spot on the whole street is - the Mitre 10 Mega entrance, so you have to wait for there to be a gap, just to be able to keep the traffic flowing, on what has become a major thoroughfare, as it's the most direct way to cross that part of town..... need I go on??? - It would be better if they employed some dentists, or hairdressers or something, I'm sure it would improve the roading safety no end.

I do like our new harbour bridge though - I can drive home going through only one set of lights B) , or avoid the whole lot on my bike... and I live on the complete other side of town B) .

I can avoid most of these marvels of the genius minds on my (assisted) bike, and it takes less than 15 minutes extra per day, and the power to charge the bike is about 1/100th of the cost of petrol B) (plus I've lost 15kgs ;) ).

Right, I've used up my words... off to bed now.

Why not run for Mayor Allan :P

:lol: It wouldn't work...I don't think anyone wants a big, annoying w@nker as Mayor.... Oh,hang on...

Besides... Mayor's are mostly decorative - They're the PR department, not the Boss ;)

One less Mitsi on the road could be seen as a bonus for all of us............... ;):) Having owned 2 new utes in the past, my local dealer has definitely put me off Mitsubishi as a brand for life.......

Someone else shot off the other side of the same corner on Friday night! Skid mark starts just after the apex, and goes straight into the bank on the other side of the road (on the right side, by the closest marker in photo one, post one).

Where do these people learn to drive???

:lol: It wouldn't work...I don't think anyone wants a big, annoying w@nker as Mayor.... Oh,hang on...

Win! :) At least yours hasn't been outed as a philanderer with a weakness for exploiting the perk system to supply upgraded rooms for illicit nookie on company time! :ph34r: