Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

e39 windscreen trims

Anyone know where i can get windscreen and rear window trims for an e39 sedan. mine are crumbling.

have found them on pelican parts etc but i recall someone finding a cheaper alternative by the meter that they cut to size and shape.

was if Jeffbebe?

any help would be appreciated

Would be a good idea you could get maybe 10 or more in the tube they send it out in would make the freight a lot cheaper

I need a new front set, so count me in on this group buy - if it happens.

Might have to put something together and get a group price

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Yes, was me and yes, was from Schmiedmann. Very cheap. Their shipping is weight/size based though so if you start adding large items like seats the shipping will go through the roof and if the order exceeds NZ$400 you'll get hit for import tax too.

As a comparison BMWNZ charges around $135 for the front moulding.

There is NO import tax on these , it is GST that you will pay as you should on any transaction that ends up with the goods being consumed in NZ as it is a local consumption tax.

aaaaannnndddd there goes the thread.

you are right though.

I did away with the trims all together on my E34 and had the windscreen flushmounted like you would find on a much later model car. Much nicer, and only the cost of removing the screen and reinstalling it at the likes of Novus or Smith and Smith. I used Smith and Smith down here in Petone.

Yes, was me and yes, was from Schmiedmann. Very cheap. Their shipping is weight/size based though so if you start adding large items like seats the shipping will go through the roof and if the order exceeds NZ$400 you'll get hit for import tax too.

Yeah and don't go ordering one light thing lol coz it's like 50nzd for freight I try to do my schmiedmann ordering when there's a few things that aren't overly heavy I need

Ok guys will start some enquires and start a thread in for sale soon with details

Would people be keen on rear windows too or just front?

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

There is NO import tax on these , it is GST that you will pay as you should on any transaction that ends up with the goods being consumed in NZ as it is a local consumption tax.

Why so negative all the time?

• Like 1

Also just if anyone knows are these seals an issue on other series of bmw or just an e39 thing?

Will affect any car with rubber windscreen gaskets. They deteriorate after a few years in the sun. Not really an issue as the are purely cosmetic but does make the car look tidier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk