Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

New BM - 328i M-sport coupé

Flew up to Auckland on Saturday morning to pick it up.. big ups to Gus for checking it all out for me beforehand. Nice drive back to Wgtn via New Plymouth over the weekend to get used to the extra power over the 323... which is certainly very noticeable. 80-120 feels instantaneous, easily takes advantage of any overtaking possibility.

Plans: first things first, take off the spoiler... not a big fan of them in general and this one is a little weird too. M3 mirrors at some stage if I feel inspired and if I come into some spare cash, might look at swapping the wheels for a set of M Double Spoke Style 135s.

Have seen a couple of E36s with different boot lip spoilers (one ACS, one BMW from the E46) that I think do add some style so might look into that later too.

Still not convinced about the colour, definitely missing the bostongrün but I guess it'll pass.

Anyway on to the pics..

post-9-1129633659.jpg

Mate - nice car.

I think the 36 is a bloody sexy design. Loose the gay spoiler ( 36'ers don't suit ANY rear spoiler ), and those mags needs a'changin!!

Good score - photochop your car and see what you like best, thats whats counts!

Anyone else reckon that the E36 coupé is the best-looking BMW ever? :)

e30s rock your face!

glad ya got down in one piece

cheers for the beers

I like the wheels. Is that spoiler a cut down Supra or something, it's awful. Car looks nice though.

I really like that - except, as mentioned, the spoiler - I agree that E36's dont suit spoilers, and they dont need them!!

I am asuming its an auto? Still a very tight looking car! :mosh:

nice man definatly my favourite colour for the e36, and its a coupe couldnt have made a better choice!

because those mags are so rare it makes the car so much more unique. I think you should keep them, they look sweet.

Yeah spoiler's going for sure, just sorting out the best way to go about it.

I don't mind the wheels but the solid bit in the centre doesn't excite me too much... I've always liked the Style 135 and they do look sweeet on the E36:

Posted Image

Aren't that many of those around but I'm still tossing up between those and these two:

Posted Image

These just look MEAN

Posted Image

Not a great shot but they look great too. M V 72.

As much as I like the look without the spoiler, I'm also thinking of getting an E46-style rear lip spoiler - they look quite at home on the E36 too. This isn't the best picture but you get the idea...

Posted Image

Also discovered today that it will cost 25c to swap my old personalised plates onto the new car so will do that this week rather than wait for my euro plates to arrive from Germanplates... :cool:

Guys from Abtec coming over to put in the Mongoose tomorrow.. damn State Insurance saying that the alarm was part of the car & I couldn't remove it, even though they made no adjustment to the insured value because of it.. damn b*stards.

Oh yeah, and the drinks holder I bought for the last one will go in sometime soon too :)

Nice car mate,but I agree with the spoiler bit.

m52 power :mosh:

That black car looks freaking awesome.

The black wheels and tinted windows on the lower silver car just look silly to me.

Speaking of spoilers, apart from aesthetics, does anyone actually believe they do anything at all in normal driving, other than increase drag and petrol consumption?