Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

cheap E70 X5 3.0D

Ahhh, but it's not a manual....

• Like 1

It also did over 31,000k's a year for the last 7 years that is minus the 6,000k on it a plus or minus for it?

Yep would rather a 200K open road runner than a 100K Auckland crawler or Remurewa School Bus.

228kms isn't insurmountable, 228kms for near $30k is.

Very low $20s or very high teens and I'd consider it.

Assuming the suspension isnt flogged out. And applying my discount for lack of manual.

Yep would rather a 200K open road runner than a 100K Auckland crawler or Remurewa School Bus.

I hear this one all the time and over the years I've started to disagree with this sentiment.

You can bet your bottom dollar each time that given 2 identically spec'd cars with similarly well cared for condition but differing mileage - if priced similarly than the low km Remuera school bus example will always sell before the high km (high way use) example.

Whilst I agree if the km difference is marginal then the high km open road runner will probably be better, but this isn't always the case. There are other components that get worn over open road miles (it's not like because it's travelling on open roads that components wear less). Moving components wear not just over the type of driving involved but also the distance travelled. Metal fatigue also most certainly has a correlation with the amount of distance it has travelled just as it would with how hard it has been used.

Great car by the way ... very well spec'd that one.

Low KM's doesn't automatically mean less use than high K's cars. Its a shame you can't see the number of active hours the car has been used.

You only have to look at the Jap imports. 100,000kms feels like 200,000kms on some of the cars I have driven.

If the car has been well serviced all the perishable/replaceable parts should have been done.

It is a case by case thing.

Low KM's doesn't automatically mean less use than high K's cars.  Its a shame you can't see the number of active hours the car has been used.

You only have to look at the Jap imports.  100,000kms feels like 200,000kms on some of the cars I have driven.

If the car has been well serviced all the perishable/replaceable parts should have been done.

And how long has the remuera version been idling(in D,with the brakes jammed on)

Low KM's doesn't automatically mean less use than high K's cars. Its a shame you can't see the number of active hours the car has been used.

You only have to look at the Jap imports. 100,000kms feels like 200,000kms on some of the cars I have driven.

I guess what I am trying to say the first time round is just because it has had mostly highway miles doesn't necessarily guarantee it is "better". I'd rather see one with an immaculate service record and signs it has been looked after over just assuming mostly highway miles = better.

I can show you a couple of Jap imported Hondas with "mostly highway miles" that have been used exclusively for the "Shuto loop" at highly illegal speeds that would't qualify as "better" :P

Ahhh, but it's not a manual....

Ahahaha!

But yeah, not much about to compare it to really. Being a SD model is a good thing, chuck some wheels on it and it would be a nice daily that. Dunno about the high 20's though personally. A question to ask would be - has it done any towing in those 220ks?

It aint no facelift either.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Good to see that the description of a BMW owned "show vehicle" has now been changed to "pre-production vehicle"!

Definitely needs bigger wheels though!!

there are Oceania specific options , and there are analysis plugs and "dummy SALAPA" options.

what are the odds this sat in a test lab simulating AUS/NZ conditions?

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/lj10002.pdf

wonder what individual option was selected....

Some nice options on the TradeMe one, Prof. Nav, Sun-roof, Comfort Access, Soft Close, Rear Camera - not cheap options and certainly not on the early e70s.

As 3pedals says, that can make a big difference to the value of the car.

Turners are usually pretty useless on the spec of cars they sell so would have to go look and work it out in person.

also .. I found just one X5 at turners. GLA 733.

Yeah but that 91k one illustrates quite badly that that one on this subject is probably overpriced. E70's now are getting on. Options or not doesn't really seem to affect 2nd hand cars IMO, even if it is a Twin Turbo job.

Yeah but that 91k one illustrates quite badly that that one on this subject is probably overpriced. E70's now are getting on. Options or not doesn't really seem to affect 2nd hand cars IMO, even if it is a Twin Turbo job.

This.

Unless the options are very very desireable makes hardly any difference