Sign in to follow this  
rusteee

Angel eyes for PFL E39

Hi guys

I have a pre-facelift E39 (2000 540I Msport), and am really after a set of angel eye headlights to finish off the nice look. Is it possible to buy, or can anyone suggest from experience a decent set that is made for the pre-facelift with halogens? I have done a few searches on ebay, trademe etc but they all seem to look very tacky or very chrome/ blingy.

Cheers for any help

Russ

call Hella NZ, ask for Clark. Get a price. Buy.

B)

Aussie Ebay, did a tester purchase, got it shipped for a final total of $30 NZD. They look wicked and will be bringing in some for my E39 (tried on E46)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. Yeah I've been looking at inserts etc but its just not quite the same. Do the Facelift lights physically fit the PFL car, and only the plugs are different? Or are they different shape aswell?

If your car is a 2002 it should be a face lift but 2000 was the change over I believe on the cars before this date some mods needed to be done but after they were able to be fitted with some wiring changes only. The face lift ones only had a weak 5watt standard bulb to operate the angel eyes and were poor light quality LED bulbs can be had plug and play far better quality light.

Hella do adapter looms too. About $30 I think???

Martin (BreakMyWindow) will have a set of OE E39 halogen angel eye head lights for sale soon. PM him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wicked, cheers for the info. I will PM me and see. Otherwise might try Hella and see what they can do.

Much cheaper to just install CCFL rings to the existing PFL lamps. I did that years ago & they look fine. The correct set installed correctly looks pretty much factory. - I hate tacky rice looks but these don't IMO

• Like 1

I called hella about 3 weeks ago... 2k ea for the xenons... and around 700 ea for the halogens.

I did a "group buy" a couple of years ago on the Halogens, and they were $6xx for a PAIR of halogens, yes, xenons were approaching $2K.

After I got the new Halogens, I got a genuine BMW Xenon retrofit kit for about NZ$900 shipped from the UK - they pop up on German ebay fairly often, but usually have gingercators (which I prefer anyway!). It came with a self levelling retrofit kit, ballasts new headlights, everything required!