Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

S50B32 + 420G market value?

Just curious what the expected market value would be for an S50B32 engine with complete loom and all basic parts, including the 6 speed 420G gearbox, in good operational order with 100,000 - 200,000 kms?

I see one sold recently on trade me for $6,000 less the gearbox...

Cheers!

7k ish seems to be about the going price. All dependant on Ks/condition obviously

wow - didnt know they were worth that much for just the engine alone .. I paid a few k more for the entire car.

• Like 1

7k ish seems to be about the going price. All dependant on Ks/condition obviously

Yeah this is what I was thinking for a decent ready to go engine.

My thoughts are it would be the most cost effective to buy a tidy later model evo M3, and whip out the motor, on sell it and retro fit the M62+420G that way rather than spend a fortune doing up a non M3s suspension, brakes and drive terrain, not to mention the chassis reinforcements

I've crunched the numbers and it would be more cost effective than how I've done up the 325i to near M3 specification.

Yeah this is what I was thinking for a decent ready to go engine.

My thoughts are it would be the most cost effective to buy a tidy later model evo M3, and whip out the motor, on sell it and retro fit the M62+420G that way rather than spend a fortune doing up a non M3s suspension, brakes and drive terrain, not to mention the chassis reinforcements

I've crunched the numbers and it would be more cost effective than how I've done up the 325i to near M3 specification.

ha ha

how about a low km 3L m3 with scruffy paint :)

• Like 1

S54 is the way to go and just by chance I have a couple in my lock up. 6 speed manual or ZF 5 speed manual gear boxes available.