Sign in to follow this  
roo

E34 Boot Struts

Second hand? Aftermarket? Genuine?

What's the best option? Sick of my boot trying to decapitate me. Part number is 51248110327.

Thanks!

Ive yet to see any 2nd hand ones that have the power of new ones. I got new Stabilus ones for bonnet and boot($20ea from pelicanparts). They are so strong you hardly need any effort to open.

I knew I should have looked for these on Pelican Parts before placing my order of steering bits.

Got some new from pelican (non bmw) for my e28 bonnet, they are almost to good and need some wearing in.

Got mine from Pelican parts. My have to duck now when I open it for fear of getting hit by it. It's awesome. Chances are your bonnet ones are history too.

usually only one collapsing is enough to make them not work, one is usually still fine.

should be able to get a good one from a wrecker etc.

highly recommend Brent @ BMWorld

brent@bmworld.co.nz

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Got my e36 touring ones recharged locally for $70 if you wanna save On Waiting time

Got my e36 touring ones recharged locally for $70 if you wanna save On Waiting time

You happy with the recharge? I got some aftermarket ones off ebay for about that price.

same I got some for my e34 touring from ebay. for 22 pounds free shipping in the uk....sent them to a mate who sent them out to me for 8 pounds. ... was pretty much 60 something bucks.

You happy with the recharge? I got some aftermarket ones off ebay for about that price.

Yea are good as! Just about takes your head off now haha

same I got some for my e34 touring from ebay. for 22 pounds free shipping in the uk....sent them to a mate who sent them out to me for 8 pounds. ... was pretty much 60 something bucks.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I've re-gassed boot struts before and they've been good as new (sometimes better, you have to watch out for uppercuts instead of decapitation). There are plenty of mobile guys around that'll come and do it at your car.