Heres a few pics of my 1998 MSport Individual Convertible in Madeira Violet

post-15283-0-26127300-1400200652_thumb.j

post-15283-0-92247700-1400200652_thumb.j

post-15283-0-48918800-1400200653_thumb.j

post-15283-0-33350500-1400200654_thumb.j

post-15283-0-87302400-1400200654_thumb.j

Edited by bga

Looks nice.

Get the Lux flakes working on that wheel!

Nice. Even has the "cheap" gearbox B)

Hmmm... Violet is kinda blue... You should be allowed into the "Blue BMW with Style 42 wheels" club ;)

• Like 1

Nice. I wonder at what stage that aluminium trim went in, do you know?

Came originally I think, had it in at BMWorkshop in East Tamaki and they pointed out the BMW Individual plate inside the engine so was specced at the time of build I believe

I've never seen it as a factory option but I haven't seen everything so I'll have to look it up.

NZ new? Nice!

Originally from Belgium I think.. maybe thats why the alluminium trim doesn't ring true ?

Looks nice.

Get the Lux flakes working on that wheel!

.. novice here ;-) ... steering wheel ?

^ yeah, have a search but they are "lux" soap flakes and good for leather cleaning and will especially restore your steering wheel to be porous matte leather, rather than hard, shiny gross-ness.

• Like 1

What kind of $$ out of curiosity?

Change of plan.. was gonna sell but put some - lots of - cash into it since these pics were taken, now has a brand new roof, new front shocks, wheel bearings replaced, seats fixed up (cracks filled and redyed) new tyres all round, tracking done, missing side trim replaced, new sounds, got colour matching M3 mirrors from the UK and lots of other smaller stuff fixed up .. looks and drives the nuts now, be ready in time for summer :)

Edited by bga

Good decision :D

Time for some new pics then

post-15283-0-55664600-1406595103_thumb.j heres the mirrors, well one of them ...

Edited by bga

post-15283-0-64462200-1406595261_thumb.j .. and the new roof ...

• Like 1

Looking good, especially that new top. Night and day difference from the early pics.

• Like 1

Looking good, especially that new top. Night and day difference from the early pics.

Cheers, from when I first got it around a year ago the difference is unreal.. it always looked nice and the engine was sweet but other bits were tired.. in addition to the stuff I mentioned earlier I have had the gear linkage rebushed as it was very slack, and a new clutch and various bearings changed, its so tight to drive now as well as, I reckon, looking the dogs nads, all factory stuff no molesting at all. Minor stuff to do now only, new gators for gearstick and brake, a little touch up paint for minor chips and gonna have a try at sorting the tensioners in the roof as it needs a little help being tucked in when folding away.. then thats it ... hopefully my summer ride for the next xxx years :) ... PS if not seen already heres some pics when the seats were done, still knocked out by them although due to the colour they are not quite as gleaming now http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/49690-leather-seats-refurbed-e36/

Love the colour :wub:

yea its nice eh - Madeira Violet, couldn't resist the colour matched new mirrors when I saw them pop up on ebay :)

• Like 1

Wow, that leather looks lush. Very impressive work they did to make it look near new.

Cant imagine Madeira Violet is very common, certainly havent seen any around here.

• Like 1

Wow, that leather looks lush. Very impressive work they did to make it look near new.

Cant imagine Madeira Violet is very common, certainly havent seen any around here.

yea.. good job eh! Don't know much about the colour - the car is a BMW Individual so don't know if its unique to that or not or just uncommon.. looks well nice though :)