Sign in to follow this  
WYT_M5

MissBM's brother - Audi --> BMW

Hi All!

So I've been persuaded by my 'adopted' sister to buy a BMW and join Bimmersport. Apparently you're a nice bunch, guess we'll have to see!

So a flight to Wellington with us expecting to come back on our return flights didn't happen. Instead I got to drive this beast from Wellington to Auckland! What a trip.

Basically I used to own an Audi A6 V8, plate: BLUEFN. You may have seen it around! However, time has come for a change which has seen me grabbing a 2005 BMW M5 E60 in Alpine White with Silverstone Leather! You may have seen it on Trade me.

Any tips or tricks for the E60 M5 would be greatly appreciated as this is the first BMW I have owned (driven many obviously).

post-51618-0-02365800-1403425254.jpg

Welcome to the BS family Lil Bro :D

Finally...

Welcome to the BS family Lil Bro :D

Finally...

"Lil bro" ahaha...

Says the one who is 5"0

• Like 1

Drive home would have been sweet! Welcome :-)

Hell of an introduction to BMW you've got yourself!

Prepare to spend a whole shedload of dough on dinosaur juice, the S85 isn't renowned for it's frugality....... but with 500hp & 380 ft/lb torque it's never gonna be a nana friendly daily driver

More pics or your membership will be cancelled :ph34r:

Welcome aboard! :D

+1 on this... also eisenmann exhaust is a must!

Already got one ;)

Hell of an introduction to BMW you've got yourself!

Prepare to spend a whole shedload of dough on dinosaur juice, the S85 isn't renowned for it's frugality....... but with 500hp & 380 ft/lb torque it's never gonna be a nana friendly daily driver

More pics or your membership will be cancelled :ph34r:

Welcome aboard! :D

Only got back 2am this morning (sunday). Will take more pictures tomorrow hopefully!

Maybe we'll have some dry roads for a change...Surprisingly the trip from Wellington to Auckland averaged me 11.5l/100km.. it was pouring down tho, so 110 cruise control the whole way.

Nice ride, looks really clean!

Two quick things:

1) A light ECU tune does wonders! My old man's E60 M5 went from averaging 30L/100km around town to 20L/100km around town, with increased throttle response, more power and the low end power bog greatly reduced. Cost just under a grand from Superchips (had two or 3 tune options as well, dad went for the more conservative "fuel efficient" tune), lots of other companies have reputable tunes as well - NZPT, Dinan come to mind. The tune also removed the top speed limiter to allow the full 330km/h rather than the measly 255km/h

2) Your front splitters (AC Schnitzer reps?) will catch coming off speed bumps - and those daft parking curb stopper things.

Actually - previous number plate is BLUEFN? Any connection to Superchips' Bluefin?

Anyway, welcome welcome!

Nice ride, looks really clean!

Two quick things:

1) A light ECU tune does wonders! My old man's E60 M5 went from averaging 30L/100km around town to 20L/100km around town, with increased throttle response, more power and the low end power bog greatly reduced. Cost just under a grand from Superchips (had two or 3 tune options as well, dad went for the more conservative "fuel efficient" tune), lots of other companies have reputable tunes as well - NZPT, Dinan come to mind. The tune also removed the top speed limiter to allow the full 330km/h rather than the measly 255km/h

2) Your front splitters (AC Schnitzer reps?) will catch coming off speed bumps - and those daft parking curb stopper things.

Actually - previous number plate is BLUEFN? Any connection to Superchips' Bluefin?

Anyway, welcome welcome!

Thanks for the advice!

I may look into the tuning side in the future..but for now the budget is a little tight for a few weeks! Suprisingly the front splitters don't seem to touch anything, at least not yet (I have about 10 speedbumps between work and home)

And number plate wise, negative, BLUEFN was related to our old business name... Bluefin Technology. Although maybe I could sell it off to them!