Sign in to follow this  
Beeker2

Cheapest source of genuine BMW parts (landed)

Where is the cheapest place to buy genuine BMW parts, including freight to NZ (if not in NZ)?

From overseas I have used pelicanparts, BMA auto parts, schmiedmann, ecs tuning. They're all pretty similar in price. Schiedmann tends to be a bit cheaper but then again they're aftermarket parts. When getting parts overseas shipping is always a killer. Goodluck

Dont forget Milland in Dunedin, pretty good prices verses those international distributors.

I know Milland has quite a lot of genuine parts, not sure they all are though. Be very aware of the wording a lot of the people like Schmiedman, etc use, words like OE, OEM and "to OE quality" can be very mis-leading.

It depends a lot on how much the postage is going to cost, for anything that gets more than slightly large or heavy it adds up pretty quickly - even if you order multiple items at a time, and if you order too much stuff in one go you can get stung for the GST as well.

The US seems to be a good place to source stuff at the moment, good exchange rate and reasonable postage with no language barriers!

• Like 1

Milland can get Genuine BMW too (Saved me about NZ$100 on a genuine key amongst other things)

From the UK or ironically Turkey ... cheaper and much much faster and more reliable shipping than the USA.

Or your local BMW dealer - build a relationship with them and you'll soon be like me, buying stuff local at better than International prices and parts with warranty.

Edited by M3_Power

Tom, can you pretend you have an E31 and buy on my behalf? ;)

Milland is brilliant. Immediate dispatch and very good to deal with saving money in the process.

Or your local BMW dealer - build a relationship with them and you'll soon be like me, buying stuff local at better than International prices and parts with warranty.

This.

Although milland can get some of the more expensive genuine parts cheaper than BMW can I'm told.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with aftermarket parts lately... thermostats and sh*t lasting only 25,000km. Buy Genuine, it's twice as much now but it's half as much effort later.

Edited by antil33t