Sign in to follow this  
earon

BMW M4 ..thoughts?

Bigger than last E92 series longer& wider in wheel base & overall . but lighter. Must be almost as big as the origonal 5 series . . Id prefer the new 2 series especialy the M235 with the big turbo six , looks more like origonal M concept of small racy coupe , who cares about rear leg room & luggage capacity you dont buy it for that send it on ahead these are toys not family friendy shopping trolleys .

These same tired (jealous) arguments seem to come up in every new BMW thread. If you want a car that is dynamically the same as an e30 then buy an e30.

This is one of the rare occasions I agree Clarkson - the m4 is really the ultimate all round car. The e92 m3 was also lauded by dozens of independent motoring journos for being the perfect, do everything car.

Bigger than last E92 series longer& wider in wheel base & overall . but lighter. Must be almost as big as the origonal 5 series . . Id prefer the new 2 series especialy the M235 with the big turbo six , looks more like origonal M concept of small racy coupe , who cares about rear leg room & luggage capacity you dont buy it for that send it on ahead these are toys not family friendy shopping trolleys .

Your posts are terribly difficult to read.

And be honest though. In your m235i you would only have a gut wrenching feeling of inferiority with this filling your rear view mirror:

2014-BMW-M4-Silver-White-F82-Concept-01.

Isnt the 1M the "spiritual successor" to the e30 M3?

Edited by QUBE

These same tired (jealous) arguments seem to come up in every new BMW thread. If you want a car that is dynamically the same as an e30 then buy an e30.

This is one of the rare occasions I agree Clarkson - the m4 is really the ultimate all round car. The e92 m3 was also lauded by dozens of independent motoring journos for being the perfect, do everything car.

Your posts are terribly difficult to read.

And be honest though. In your m235i you would only have a gut wrenching feeling of inferiority with this filling your rear view mirror:

No Jealous Arguments. I just wouldn't buy one. Based purely because I think it is too big.

If I had that much disposable income I would be buying another Racecar.

Fast road cars....no point imo.

Having not been in a new 3 series, is it much larger internally than the E90? Our e91 is still cramped in the back seat (especially legroom)?

Love the look of the new M3, and it all sounds good so far, one of the few new cars recently I've actually wanted to buy before seeing it in the flesh. When are they due in NZ?

When are they due in NZ?

There are 6 cars (3 of each flavour) from BMW Au in the country already, look out for them on the highways and byways between Taupo and Auckland this coming week!

Out of sheer curiosity I wonder if the new M4 and it's pricing comes near the pricing of say the Porsche 991 Turbo as such?? That would definitely be quite detrimental to the M4 as Porsche have always made amazing cars, and the turbo is legendary.

Would be a brilliant comparison for Top Gear or one of these review artists to do also taking into account the new RS4 and who knows the monster that AMG may reveal, knowing those brilliant nutters it'd be some twin turbo V8..and you can never forget the GTR.. just watched a video of their latest creation, quite impressive.

Edited by DSCOFF

No way, base model manual 911 starts at just under $200k. 2011 M3 HP with DCT was $175k

I reckon it should be close to Audi RS4/RS5 level of $155k/$166k

Out of sheer curiosity I wonder if the new M4 and it's pricing comes near the pricing of say the Porsche 991 Turbo as such?? That would definitely be quite detrimental to the M4 as Porsche have always made amazing cars, and the turbo is legendary.

Would be a brilliant comparison for Top Gear or one of these review artists to do also taking into account the new RS4 and who knows the monster that AMG may reveal, knowing those brilliant nutters it'd be some twin turbo V8..and you can never forget the GTR.. just watched a video of their latest creation, quite impressive.

Step away from the Forums Earon.

Come back when your head is screwed on straight ;)

Step away from the Forums Earon.

Come back when your head is screwed on straight ;)

Not a legitimate question?? Fair enough I guess :)

Not a legitimate question?? Fair enough I guess :)

Cars are becoming on that equal scale of power and pleasure - esp the Euros. I for one would look at all Euros in the given price range of the M4, but at the end of the day, It's the heartfelt commitment of that BMW badge that I would want to see on my bonnet every morning ;)

• Like 1

Cars are becoming on that equal scale of power and pleasure - esp the Euros. I for one would look at all Euros in the given price range of the M4, but at the end of the day, It's the heartfelt commitment of that BMW badge that I would want to see on my bonnet every morning ;)

I reckon that's pretty well said ;)

lol wut? The 991 Turbo has got to be $370k +. M4 starts at $170K I think. M3 a little cheaper.

Having not been in a new 3 series, is it much larger internally than the E90? Our e91 is still cramped in the back seat (especially legroom)?

Love the look of the new M3, and it all sounds good so far, one of the few new cars recently I've actually wanted to buy before seeing it in the flesh. When are they due in NZ?

The new M3 is very, very close in size to the E39 series. The cabins feel pretty similar.

lol wut? The 991 Turbo has got to be $370k +. M4 starts at $170K I think. M3 a little cheaper.

The new M3 is very, very close in size to the E39 series. The cabins feel pretty similar.

I was referring to say a used 991 as such. And other competitors being quite brilliant like the new rs4 and the replacement for the c63 amg bound to be amazing.

The future looks bright, and the options look amazing.

Edit: forgot to mention the Jaguar F-Type, seen one of these while on vacation... wow..it's just wow

Looks like the 4 series BMWs are in the country spotted one the other day..interesting car ..435i has turbo six goodness as well :)

Edited by DSCOFF