Sign in to follow this  
BMA-HO

help needed to prepare for adjustable cert! (First timer)

hi guys first time going to try and get a cert can someone please tell me what i need to know and what do they check and look out for when i go and get my cert for adjustable suspension.

my adjustable are turned down really low. so it is under 100mm ground clearence.

The front guard hits fender and thats on near full lock so i will get flared and rolled guards done. my rims is touching the suspension so im wondering if get 5mm spacers will i be able to still get a cert.

is their like a way your car has to go to them like a ride height or can it be slammed and just go to them to check

i just want to fix it and get it out of the way is there any thing else that needs to be done befor i go.

much help will be appreciated.

is there anyone who knows a good certifier can you please give me the contact number as well. AUCKLAND>>

EDIT. In no world can your wheel touch the suspension.
Solution: Buy wheels that fit.

Really simple,

#1 --- Make sure the distance from the center of your wheel to your guard is atleast 320mm front and 290mm rear. ( could be opposite.. )

#2 --- Get a wheel alignment

#3 --- organise time for cert

#4 --- DONT BE LATE

#5 --- Laugh at his jokes

#6 --- DONT be a smartarse

#7 --- Have $500 CASH ready in your back pocket cause even if you fail youre gona be paying

#8 --- Drive away with a smile on your face

#9 --- ( OPTIONAL ) Wind your adjustables right down, tune your camber way negative, Be a gangster.

Edited by pldubs
  • Like 1

Certifiers aint scary man. Go talk to one, fix everything you/he can think of and book an inspection. Rechecks are/were $40 odd so not the end of the world.

Wait for cert. Remember until cert is fixed to car you dont have one.

My cert guy was awesome. He even came by my house when I was at work and stuck the cert plate on!

Oh also, Make sure your camber is within 1.5 ( Feel free to correct me lads ) degrees of factory, Local tyre shop or whoever is doing your alignment should be able to hook it up.

pretty sure certifying laws states -3 degree maximum, anything more than that is retarted anyway

pretty sure certifying laws states -3 degree maximum, anything more than that is retarted anyway

Nope, factory tolerance +\- 1 or 1.5 degrees. Can't remember which.

I thought it was factory +/- 0.5 of a degree? Its all online somewhere anyway

So the -12 in the touring won't pass cert??

• Like 1