Sign in to follow this  
E30Drifter

Newbie emigrating to Auckland soon.

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm moving to Auckland in a couple of months time and i'm hoping to bring my long term project with me.

I do not know anyone in NZ so its all a bit scary! but i'm also trying to get a heads up on parts availability so if I need to I can chuck some extra bits in the container with the car.

The car uses.

Z3 1.9 trailing arms and driveshafts.

E46 or Z3M steering racks

Large case LSd's

Here's a pic just before I used it for a competition in Dubai. I'm a hobby mechanic so go easy!

10268487_10152367029718426_2851580816277

Very cool! Shouldn't be too bad for parts here by probably cheaper over there

LS1 E30. Jesus!

Welcome to the forum ;)

Thanks mate!

Very cool! Shouldn't be too bad for parts here by probably cheaper over there

Yeah that's what i'm worried about. Is there anything that's particularly hard to find in NZ??

Burnout vids or i dont believe you :P

Ha ha. TBH I have very few as the car spends more time being repaired from damage than it does drifting! Here's a rather shoddy vid filmed by a friend at my fist comp I entered in it. the burnout is at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpAAMhdzjIw&list=UUri8gnkVzKWJQMOVUF6UwUQ&index=1

I will make excuses for the poor driving and that's the fact I had no power steering! its a lot of engine to be lugging around on a manual rack.

Is anyone else drifting an E30's in NZ?

i dont recall any dedicated e30 drift cars ..

but you should have no problems finding e30 parts, and no problem finding LSx parts!!

we have a lot of e30s around wrecking for body panels .. we have a lot of LS engines from holdens which are very very common around these parts of the wold ..

Damn that looks like fun.

And then I whatched the vid. Awesome.

Welcome to the forum and NZ. I'm sure you'll luv it here.

Nice looking car you have there... will be great to see it around.

To have your conversion road legal (if thats your intention) there are a few local laws you will need to cater for.

Getting a 'low volume' certificate plate for the vehicles modifications. Before you do this have a good read through this site http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents.html

this will allow you to get a Warrent of Fitness (WOF) and then a Registration label for it to be legal to drive on NZ roads.

If its a track car .. you have no worries. Unless you want to do motorsport competition ..

Nice looking car you have there... will be great to see it around.

To have your conversion road legal (if thats your intention) there are a few local laws you will need to cater for.

Getting a 'low volume' certificate plate for the vehicles modifications. Before you do this have a good read through this site http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents.html

this will allow you to get a Warrent of Fitness (WOF) and then a Registration label for it to be legal to drive on NZ roads.

If its a track car .. you have no worries. Unless you want to do motorsport competition ..

Thanks for the info Hybrid, fortunately I'm not planning on road registration, this one is strictly for competitions. MSNZ have been very helpful with the info to acquire its logbook. hopefully it will pass their inspection.

i dont recall any dedicated e30 drift cars ..

but you should have no problems finding e30 parts, and no problem finding LSx parts!!

we have a lot of e30s around wrecking for body panels .. we have a lot of LS engines from holdens which are very very common around these parts of the wold ..

I'm already suffering from product overload just looking at all the different suppliers in NZ, its extremely hard to build any type of car here as we have to ship all parts fro overseas, and fabricating parts here is a nightmare, no cnc shops, no skilled labour! its good in a way because it forced me to become a lot more hands on than I would ever have in the past.

And thanks god for the information available on the net!

Damn that looks like fun.

And then I whatched the vid. Awesome.

Welcome to the forum and NZ. I'm sure you'll luv it here.

Thanks mate, yes I cannot wait to get there! I was over last Christmas and loved every minute.

• Like 1

Just accepted a job and will be moving to Auckland in the 1st week of October.

Now thrashing to get the car rebuilt ready to ship. Not going to miss this heat and humidity either, even with the AC on in my workshop its still 37oc and somewhat slowing my progress, :0)

Are there any meets planned in Auckland in late October?