Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

Koni Shocks 25% off !

Check this out!

http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search_form.cfm to search for shocks

http://www.koni-na.com/uploads/30261_Shock_Value_Consumer_PR.pdf

post-51379-0-41950200-1407896431_thumb.j

Retail in NZ for a set of damper adjustable sport shocks for my e36 m3 would be $1580 including gst .. called around.

Sea freight and dealing direct with Koni could land these in nz for ~$1100 all up incl gst, duty, customs, shipping etc

course I have that other group buy going .. so maybe expressions of interest just to see if anyone is in the market for a set of shocks? I might bring some in for myself! .. the special lasts only to the end of month I think ...? just thought that it would be good for those items to deliver before anyone else puts any cash up front for another order! (all the parts are on a boat!! .. don't want to seem dodgy running two group buys!)

These will fit nicely with my springs from the other group buy!

Does this mean that if we buy from local suppliers that they will pass on the savings? Cause I remember asking around before and they said they will have to order mine in if ever... (I assume not though...)

How much would shipping be for a set of these? Cheaper with a group buy I assume?

Last time i Asked around for some Koni Yellows for my E30 it was about 1100 + GST..... So I guess I save at the minimum GST.

I'm probably interested depending on cash flow when you order.

Hmmmnn.... Shocks are on my mid-long term to do list but don't think Koni do an E31 set.

Koni Sport yellow for the Merc - $576 for a set of four. (Plus gst, duty, customs, shipping...) Does that price include local (US) sales tax?

I have some serious head scratching to do. I'd need springs too, and had been considering a Yellow Speed Racing set up. Need to check that the ones I'd looked at are comparable to Koni yellows.

These will fit nicely with my springs from the other group buy!

Does this mean that if we buy from local suppliers that they will pass on the savings? Cause I remember asking around before and they said they will have to order mine in if ever... (I assume not though...)

How much would shipping be for a set of these? Cheaper with a group buy I assume?

Last time i Asked around for some Koni Yellows for my E30 it was about 1100 + GST..... So I guess I save at the minimum GST.

I'm probably interested depending on cash flow when you order.

Yeah that was what I was thinking! H&R springs with koni yellow sport shocks are a great set up (so I've heard).

I don't know if local suppliers pass on the savings, they have an 8 week lead time and just quoted me the $1580 all up. (basically they were charging NZD per shock what KONI sell a pair for in USD). might pay to call around and refer to the actual ad? I suppose it depends also where they are getting their stock from .. another distributor or from KONI USA or from another KONI dealer?

the approximate 1100 price would include all shipping taxes etc to your door .. just gauging interest .. like I said, I want to deliver the other parts first!!

But at the same time .. the discount is only good until the end of the month, so just riding the timings I guess!!

Hmmmnn.... Shocks are on my mid-long term to do list but don't think Koni do an E31 set.

I'll talk to Koni and get back to you .. maybe they can piece together something from other BMWs

A bit of Googling would suggest otherwise... But who knows.

Koni Sport yellow for the Merc - $576 for a set of four. (Plus gst, duty, customs, shipping...) Does that price include local (US) sales tax?

I have some serious head scratching to do. I'd need springs too, and had been considering a Yellow Speed Racing set up. Need to check that the ones I'd looked at are comparable to Koni yellows.

what part numbers were you after? Much easier to quote based on a p/n ..

yeah the guys at Koni are pretty onto it, but we'll see what happens. Do you know a manufacturer who does good shocks for an e31?

Some time ago (when the $ wasn't so good) I got a set of E36 adjustables with springs from Demon Tweeks in the UK for $1250 all up, and air freight too. Worth a look.

The Wokke/Wolf character had a fix - E34 koni's with tiny mods to the strut. ie: a hole drilled into the strut bottom by the spindle and a different locking collar. Fairly negligible modifications from memory of what I'd read.

You should read everything that guy has written, he's like the e31 reverse engineering mastermind.

Last time this was on i went thru shox.com, 25% off + free shipping(which reduced overseas shipping cost) got me a very good deal.

all good guys .. totally understand (and appreciate) if there are other cheaper options out there! because I would jump on those too! just noticed the Koni US special and thought it was a good deal I would share .. if there is a better source then I'm all ears .. perhaps even the best priced place will do a group buy for all of us and combine shipping!!!

Cheers

You should be able to get a set made up from other cars

Or just get a shock valved to new springs = perfect combination.