Sign in to follow this  
530pete

No BMW yet......

Good morning all,

I am looking at replacing a Falcon SW with a BMW wagon. Considering a 530 series car at the moment. I think this model will provide the load carrying capacity i need and tow with ease - nothing too heavy just trailer loads of camping gear etc. I want to stick with 6 cylinder motor and am looking for something that will be a comfortable and roomy touring car.

Any pointers / comments would be welcome. I am looking at 2nd hand cars.

Thanks,

Pete

Hello, Please I beg of thee by a V8... the 3ltr motor, alltho great in a 3 series, starts being ova worked in the 5 series, especially when one starts hauling, towing, and working the thing... Anyway good luck in your search and welcome along

i know of a high KMs but daily driven from Greytown to Wellington that may be of interest? Interior is a bit scruffy etc, but well maintained, water pump just been done etc. Ill get some more details if you want

Hi All Thanks for the replys

I have looked at the V8s and although tempting I was thinking fuel use may be of a concern ? IThanks veteran I will wait until I have a clearer picture of what I want before looking at any specific cars. Am looking approx 2007 + model so I think thats an E60.

There appears to be an upgrade revison in mid 2007 to the LCi with few tweaks to motor and trans.

Thanks,

Pete

I had been wondering about the NZ new vs Import scenario ? Any particular issues with the imports ?

I had been wondering about the NZ new vs Import scenario ? Any particular issues with the imports ?

not really Some say avoid singapore cars,some say some singapore cars dont have heaters hooked up.The main thing with imports is do you know history.Be careful with NZ cars too.Kiwis are not very good at spending money on cars.Make sure you get one that you can get a god service history.Nothing wrong with a 530 unless you are towing a heavy trailer.

Take your time ,get to know what the market variations are.I spent a year looking for my first BMW!

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1

the problem with a jap import on most e60 is the idrive nav/radio/etc functions will be in japanese and un-usable. it can be converted but at a cost of like 1-2k i think.

also there is the issue with completely unknown history of its' life whilst in japan. whereas if you buy privately from a bmw enthusiast for example, then you can talk about the car and get to know about its' life.

with a dealer at least you have CGA and option of mechanical warranty incase anything goes wrong.

A diesel Territory.

What a wasted post.this is a bmw forum and the op was about a bmw touring

What a wasted post.this is a bmw forum and the op was about a bmw touring

Clearly tongue in cheek is not in your repertoire.

Have a lovely day.

Clearly tongue in cheek is not in your repertoire.

Have a lovely day.

thanks for that reminder

Yep I thinks its going to be a bit of a search - haven't driven evenndriven anythuing yet.

Cheers,

Pete

Yep I thinks its going to be a bit of a search - haven't driven evenndriven anythuing yet.

Cheers,

Pete

drive a few before you buy.Be upfront about it with the seller(s)

Get yourself a 530d/535d if you are looking at models that new.

• Like 1

Hello, Please I beg of thee by a V8... the 3ltr motor, alltho great in a 3 series, starts being ova worked in the 5 series, especially when one starts hauling, towing, and working the thing... Anyway good luck in your search and welcome along

What a load of crap

• Like 1

OP will miss the room of the Falcon. The downside to the Beemers.

OP will miss the room of the Falcon. The downside to the Beemers.

Could try a 750 iL

Could try a 750 iL

Not if he wants a wagon...

I can think of a good solution to this problem

• Like 1