Sign in to follow this  
JoshWhit

E46 Student Project

It's very economical... If you can drive at 100kmh+ everywhere. Not so good around town... Gulp. Fortunately, mine's a garage queen and a weekend cruiser.

The head unit looks a bit cheap. You have bought a premium car and OEM always looks best in these.

Ignore this - OEM tape deck is ugly and useless.

I think the bonnet would look grand with some aftermarket 19' rims and tinted windows!

• Like 1

Ignore this - OEM tape deck is ugly and useless.

I think the bonnet would look grand with some aftermarket 19' rims and tinted windows!

I totally agree with you thanks for your feedback

I was going to buy that bonnet to immediately re-sell it for double the price, didn't wake up in time.
My problem with it is the vents on the front slope downwards towards the engine bay - Don't really want too much water in the bay.

Looking good so far, I for one can't stand the orange indicators (mine has smoked sides and clear fronts, which i need to change to smoked), as they look dated to me, but that's just my opinion.

Some new shoes will be good, I'd also suggest plasti-dipping your front kidney grilles black to match your window trims etc.

I was going to buy that bonnet to immediately re-sell it for double the price, didn't wake up in time.

My problem with it is the vents on the front slope downwards towards the engine bay - Don't really want too much water in the bay.

Looking good so far, I for one can't stand the orange indicators (mine has smoked sides and clear fronts, which i need to change to smoked), as they look dated to me, but that's just my opinion.

Some new shoes will be good, I'd also suggest plasti-dipping your front kidney grilles black to match your window trims etc.

haha it's a small world, how much were you going to bid uptoo if you had of won? out of curiosity. I was in one of my exams and bidding for it under the table ahah

Hahahaha the things we do..

Respect for going that far lol. Imagine if u got caught for cheating. Tsktsk

Hahahaha the things we do..

Respect for going that far lol. Imagine if u got caught for cheating. Tsktsk

haha it was a bargain in my opinion ild been devestated if i missed the auction plus it was only a photographer exam pffft

Cheers bro hopefully, will be picking up my car today and paying the bill urghh they called me up saying around 1000 dollars to fix, I would of tried fixing oil leak myself but im very bysy with exams coming up and sport I figured its best to get a qualufied mechanic to do and then I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while and as to the coolant leak ild be dammed I looked to fibd the leak but had no luck at all that was a mystery to me, another reason I am paying as in 3 weeks im going to be driving down to new Plymouth so I also want to make sure it all is 100%.

Next mod I possibly will spray break calibers orange MAYBE as I like the orange a blue theme haha

Good on ya Josh.

Can you post a pic of the invoice for the repairs to the oil leak and coolant leak?

Would be interesting to see what was replaced and what wasnt.

Oil leaks are very common on our n42 and n46 engines.

Coolant system failures are common for just about all bmw's.

The posters on here are very knowledgeable and can point you in the right direction as far as preventing future oil or coolant leaks.

Good on ya Josh.

Can you post a pic of the invoice for the repairs to the oil leak and coolant leak?

The posters on here are very knowledgeable and can point you in the right direction as far as preventing future oil or coolant leaks.

I sure will! Picking it up today will post a photo either late tonight or tomorrow

haha it's a small world, how much were you going to bid uptoo if you had of won? out of curiosity. I was in one of my exams and bidding for it under the table ahah

Was gonna go up to about 220-230, could quite easily re-sell it for at least 400 to some poor soul :>

If you were to save up a bit you could possibly consider a Manual trans swap at HellBM - drive in/drive out. Prices for the swaps are lower than you'd think

Edited by Rubix

Was gonna go up to about 220-230, could quite easily re-sell it for at least 400 to some poor soul :>

If you were to save up a bit you could possibly consider a Manual trans swap at HellBM - drive in/drive out. Prices for the swaps are lower than you'd think

Yeah, I have my friend who is gonna do a manual swap for me cheap once I get my full in January

Good on ya Josh.

here you go bro, haven't even read the receipt yet myself ahha

post-51451-0-28724700-1411031487_thumb.j

post-51451-0-95021300-1411031490_thumb.j

hey guys just thought ild shar some of my school photography. in my project im showing that the little things in life that you pay attention to changes but whats important around you doesn't. here one of my favourite images i have snapped what do you guys think?

post-51451-0-54285000-1411117309_thumb.j

i feel the picture would look more... centered/balanced if the car was facing the other way. like the nose in the centre of the photo. also the car just blurs into the background being grey. how come you changed the car colour? would look better if was contrasted a bit maybe. otherwise pretty cool.

edit: any more pics?

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 1

i feel the picture would look more... centered/balanced if the car was facing the other way. like the nose in the centre of the photo. also the car just blurs into the background being grey. how come you changed the car colour? would look better if was contrasted a bit maybe. otherwise pretty cool.

edit: any more pics?

I have a few more pics will try find them on one of my 1 million usb's . my art teacher told me to try take the colour out of the car she is a bit wacky though one day she will like something next day she doesnt ahah

alright hey guys!

Been a while so here is just an update when i was driving back up from New Plymouth two weeks ago or so i managed to get myself in a little trouble with the Police and ended up getting a $120.00 dollar fine and 20 de merits going 118 in a 100. So that wasnt good ahha but now onto the car!

I have just been lookingfor mufflers at the moment and will be getting one installed hopefully this weekend or next week, so it will sound a little nicer.

I also am desperately looking for lowering springs for the car 4cyl ones! so if you have any sell me them!!!!

Also some roof racks!!!!!

will post photos when muffler is on cheers guys!

Not sure but missbm had some springs. Might be long gone but send her a pm just incase

Not sure but missbm had some springs. Might be long gone but send her a pm just incase

Yeah sorry, I ended up putting them in the 6cyl and dealing with a bit of a nosedive, but Eibachs it wasn't bad. Car now sold.

Trade me should have some

Alright so today I went and got my muffler from Mr G's Auto in manurewa, great shop! And I went and got it weilded on for $120.00 dollars, here is some photos!