Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

FS: M5V8 - '02 E39 M5 nz new

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Some lucky punter will be getting an awesome piece of kit.

Probably good to note. This sale does not come with any poodles or soiled beige pants. :huh:

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Some lucky punter will be getting an awesome piece of kit.

Probably good to note. This sale does not come with any poodles or soiled beige pants. :huh:

Obviously, if you sell them you'll have to abandon your post on the residents' association and neighbourhood watch.

• Like 1

interior shot for those interested. Interior is immaculate.

post-5771-0-96627800-1411510538.jpg

• Like 1

Oh. it was requested by a forum member. Sorry.

ha! Just a bit envious of the person that will get to take it home. Have you had much interest so far? There's a similarly priced one on TM that's been up for sale on and off for ages but the owner has done a miserable job of trying to sell.

I've only thrown it up here so far. I've had a few questions through PM.

I don't need to sell it right now as I don't need to change cars until December but I know sometimes these things can take sometime so I thought I would start here to see if I can't get her the best new home I can.

She deserves that much.

If I get the right offer then i'd deal with the issues of dropping to a 1 car family. Maybe i'll bike to work.

In October i'll list on trademe. See how that goes. If it takes sometime, well it does. I can't say I don't enjoy driving it in the meantime.

Good examples of these are becoming very rare indeed.

• Like 1

Good examples are rare. I used mine daily for a while but it's become more of a weekend car. I now don't use it as much as it should be (I also get reminded of the space it's using in the garage a lot). I toy with selling it, but can't quite let go.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to be very happy with their purchase.

• Like 1

Cheers Aaron.

funnily mine story is exactly the opposite.

She's been a wknd cruiser & long distance tourer for most of it's life. Now moving to Auckland it's a daily that can't fit in my garage due to steep drive.

Hence why I need an auto SUV.

Stop teasing, Darren!

fk id say!!!

I have really come around to E39s in the past few months,

• Like 1

Think you need some help with some better photos, Darren. I took some fancy ones of my 540 and sold it for a pretty penny. I could take a few this weekend if you're around.

• Like 1

That's a great idea. Cheers for the offer Julian. I think I might have to take you up on that.

Agreed on the nice pics!

If you guys dont do it this weekend pop round to the meet and u guys can do it here!

• Like 1

I've got an underground carpark at work that is vacant at the weekends. Used it to photograph my 540i when I sold it... http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/48829-sold-2000-e39-motorsport-540i/?p=527436.

EDIT: And it was filthy but low light and photoshop are a black car's best friend.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

I'm keen to help with photos if needed. Need to look at a nice e39 while mine is munted - I call it e39 therapy.

Edited by Arma
  • Like 1

Sounds perfect. I'll flick you a txt julian and we can sus a time. My car is generally pretty clean anyway but the predicted rain on the wknd wont help.

E39 therapy lol

it's a real thing.

ha! Just a bit envious of the person that will get to take it home. Have you had much interest so far? There's a similarly priced one on TM that's been up for sale on and off for ages but the owner has done a miserable job of trying to sell.

That other one on TM doesnt look anywhere near as tidy as this one (and IIRC has a non-M5 front bumper on it)

Can't remember the exact details but it's hard to ascertain condition because the seller has made no effort to 'shot it off'. Ultimately, with an M5 you're unlikely to sell on the basis of a few fancy pictures but it certainly helps stir the loins and get people calling and looking.

Sounds perfect. I'll flick you a txt julian and we can sus a time. My car is generally pretty clean anyway but the predicted rain on the wknd wont help.

No worries. May go to the SPCA hot rod and classics show on Sunday for a couple of hours if the promised rain stays away but otherwise will be close to home most of the weekend.

Saturday it is. Have someone coming to look at it next week. But I'd still like to do the pictures anyway. It's not sold yet.

Cool. I'll be out for a bit between 11-12ish but should be around the rest of the day.