Sign in to follow this  
Rohil

E30 Random Connector

Hi guys,

Another HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND MY CAR WILL EXPLODE ON ME question.

Well i got the e30 and it had a few flashing check lights on the overhead panel. I quickly fixed the wiper fluid one (no wires were connected -_-) but i cannt seem to fix the coolant light.

There is coolant and its green which is great, but i have found a connection just dangling in the engine bay and i was wondering whether it has anything to do with it? Its around the coolant tank and has a short wire so i assume it couldnt have come from anywhere too far. I cant seem to find anywhere for it to go into. Any ideas?

Also car is a pfl if that matters. Ill attach a few photos.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm assuming this random connection may have something to do with it. If not, it'd still be nice to know where it came from so i can reinstate it back to where it's supposed to be.

Is this in the '85 323i? It's not a wire I recognize.

The flashing light on the check panel, if it's the "Coolant" then possibly the level sensor in the top of the expansion tank? Looking at your photos the wires from the sensor (I think as it's just out of shot) go past the washer fluid bottle in the general area of that random connector - so could possibly be related??

Yeah its in the 323i Jon. Its quite short so i have tried looking for any missing connections in its general radius but cant find anything. The coolant level sensor on top of the expansion tank connects to another connector, but the mystery wire is coming off that connection if that makes any sense. Ill take a photo tomorrow when its light, to try to illustrate this better.

Im pretty certain my car doesnt have a/c so is it just like in usual BMW fashion, it wasnt an option picked but the wiring is still there? So i need not worry about it?