Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

e30 m3 :D

That is correct. The jap cars were a derivative of the US spec cars and there were a total of 395 built specifically for the jap market.

Not quite right Bruce, the cars you mention are the "Japanese National Version" cars which have that option code (SA872 iirc) selected.

There were also quite a number of cars that went to Japan without that option added, some were US models (h-pattern) some were Euro (dog-leg).

The car mentioned in this listing is a Euro model (AK05) sold new in Japan, delving deeper into ETK shows the selection of the Japanese National Version has set the gearbox to the H-pattern.

But as Golfboy has written "Fact" on the Internets I will have to contact my colleagues in Munich to change the Product Library as they are clearly wrong.

• Like 1

Not quite right Bruce, the cars you mention are the "Japanese National Version" cars which have that option code (SA872 iirc) selected.

There were also quite a number of cars that went to Japan without that option added, some were US models (h-pattern) some were Euro (dog-leg).

The car mentioned in this listing is a Euro model (AK05) sold new in Japan, delving deeper into ETK shows the selection of the Japanese National Version has set the gearbox to the H-pattern.

But as Golfboy has written "Fact" on the Internets I will have to contact my colleagues in Munich to change the Product Library as they are clearly wrong.

While you're at it, can you enquire about when the new CSL will be released. :)

Which one of the many...? B)

The one that weighs less than 1400kg

Thanks Jon - It's all very interesting.

Lots of books, magazines, etc. all list the "official" production figures, mainly because those are the ones given out by the PR department and they are easy to double check as all the production information is in once place and is easy to search and filter.

The sales information is a lot harder to get a definitive answer on, as a number of cars end up in places they weren't originally intended for, especially for cars like the E30 M3 which were in high demand. Plus some of the records going back to the late 80s are a little sketchy, especially when the corporate rules are being bent a little! A number of cars I have checked out through the VIN and service records have had very "interesting" lives.

There are also a lot of rumours and urban myths about what did or didn't happen, and again there is a lot of this with the E30 M3. All of which is much harder to prove or disprove without VINs for actual cars.

Judging by the condition of my car (Vin 0843264) it had led an interesting life that's for sure. Obviously one of the Euro spec cars imported into Japan - not sure if it was new or used when imported into Japan though.

Some of the guys have asked some good questions e.g. now it is restored and pristine, what does one do with it given the value of them these days. Easy one for me, it is a real drivers car so is going to get driven and enjoyed.

Good on ya Bruce, cars are made to be driven, not sit in sheds as an investment. The grin an M3 gives is worth more than the increase in value anyways.

It's been a while since I have seen a dog-leg car come up on TardMe, last few have all been over-drive boxes.

Always hard to say what cars have sold for, if at all, through TradeMe as a lot stay on there and then disappear - not necessarily sold.