Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Europameister M3 on Ebay

Wow indeed, only a Sport Evolution is more sought after than the Europameister, plus this has ridiculously low miles to go with the mint condition.

And that's not the listing price Dan, that's what the bidding is actually up to at the moment! Not sure if it has his reserve, as I can't remember how that works on eBay.

Ah, just read all the blurb and seen where he calculates a value for the car - will be interesting to see how close the bidding gets to that!

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Someone on here is going to be paying a little bit of attention to that auction...

Really? Who would that be?

I know of one Limited Edition E30 M3 in NZ, I think it is a Europameister, but it could be a Ravaglia / Cecotto edition I've never seen it in the flesh. I doubt very much they would be looking to sell any time soon, they might be looking to buy a "Spare" one though..?

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

There is a Europameister which Gerry used to own and there is also a silver Ravalia in NZ as well.

The ultra low mileage is certainly a factor in the price, not many cars around with only that amount of distance travelled. Also the condition of the car looks to be immaculate, it's not been sat in a barn for 15+ years and needing everything replaced. And the fact it is (or is being presented as) a genuine Europameister.

These "top end" collectable E30 M3s are heading into the stratosphere at the moment, and pulling up the prices of all the others with them, grr. Can't wait for the next GFC to hit... :ph34r:

Can someone in the know enlighten me about what's so special about these "special" editions??

I understand the rarity of it and that it was produced as a celebration of the drivers of that era, but to me they are just a run of the mill E30 M3 in a special colour with a much less desirable interior colour, a few badges and a plaque with a signature on it. It seems to me that the EVO, EVO2 and the Sports Evolutions make much more sense as an "investment" E30 M3.

Edited by M3_Power

It is all about the production numbers.

And what about if you already have the other models and are missing one of these.

It is like baseball cards for the rich.

• Like 1

It is all about the production numbers.

And what about if you already have the other models and are missing one of these.

It is like baseball cards for the rich.

More interesting to collect than stamps!

More likely the über rich.

The uber rich collect these M3s..

post-2707-0-31157400-1415319852.jpg

Looks like a nice one, more details here...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e30-m3-86-92/e30-m3-sport-evolution/2999295

Not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment, but that's roughly $180k.

Not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment, but that's roughly $180k.

Keep going, at the moment that would be north of $200k. But hey, whats 20k when you are spending 200k on an e30