Sign in to follow this  
Arma

WTB: e39 water pump pulley holder

Anyone got a used one they wanna sell, or know where I can purchase one locally from? Or is this an actual BMW tool that I can get from BM workshop/milland?

E39-FanClutchRemoval.jpg

I guess I no longer need the holder :D

Sometimes people let retarded people work on their car... and you'll find things such as cold chizel strikes on the fan nut, so that it is actually so tight you can't ever remove the nut.

because it's reverse thread it doesn't need to be massively tight.

Sometimes people let retarded people work on their car... and you'll find things such as cold chizel strikes on the fan nut, so that it is actually so tight you can't ever remove the nut.

because it's reverse thread it doesn't need to be massively tight.

I don't actually do them up - I just spin the fan until the nut bottom out, then wind it back, and give it one good last spin to snug it up. Then drive.

If you going to use the screw driver trick above... some of the pulleys are plastic! Don't try too hard!

I would suggest not using the screwdriver method and get / make the holder tool. You are less likely to damage something