Sign in to follow this  
Rampant_Lion

Rampant_Lion_550i Hi

Hi All

Just found this site after a long time searching the internet. I am an Aussie living in Wellington, I recently moved here and picked up myself a 550i 2007 Jap Import. Its a pretty sweet ride. Back in Aus I've had the following Bavarian rides:

1986 M535i

1996 328i Convertible

2004 Mini Cooper S

2004 X5 3.0D

I am keen to do the Nav and TV conversion, considering a radar detector and other mods. I am keen to hear other members thoughts on good roads, drive days and meets around NZ. Below are some photos of my more recent rides and the new beast.

post-52036-0-24210100-1416122829_thumb.j

post-52036-0-08633400-1416122959_thumb.j

post-52036-0-54331000-1416122979_thumb.j

post-52036-0-43249200-1416122998_thumb.j

post-52036-0-44340400-1416123015_thumb.j

• Like 1

^ what nick said. not usually a fan but looks surprisingly good for some weird reason

love the mini too

Sweet rides you have. That 550i looks awesome.

Welcome to the forums.

Ahem....that 550 is a motor vehicle Ben...it`s a motor vehicle all right...But the m535 i ...Aussie new ??? You must miss it ???

Hello. :)

Any pictures of the M535i?

Sadly no, got collected in a t-bone accident when someone ran a red light :( Was never the same after. Great car though.

Mini has been my personal favourite though, massive fun to drive and something you can push to the limit around town.

Advan rims aren't my usually thing either but they look even better in real life.

I still want an e30 325is, thats been a dream car of mine since I was 13.

Edited by Rampant_Lion

Mini has been my personal favourite though, massive fun to drive and something you can push to the limit around town.

thinking of selling my beema for a mini next year, any thing to look out for when buying?

also there is a post somewhere on the forum where the aucklanders are beefing with the wellingtonians. ill leave you to find it :lol::P welcome

thinking of selling my beema for a mini next year, any thing to look out for when buying?

also there is a post somewhere on the forum where the aucklanders are beefing with the wellingtonians. ill leave you to find it :lol::P welcome

My personal pref is the r53 - supercharged model. Just think it looks better. I'd look for an 05 or younger, it comes with the LSD and most were Chili packs including HK stereo, Xenon's and etc... Supercharger rebuilts are expensive so worth checking out if its been treated well and hasn't had reduction pulleys put on.

Haha will look for the thread, love an irrational forum war.

Welcome! also keen to see your M535i :D

Best 5 series chassis IMHO ;)

550i! I have toyed with the idea of one of those a few times

Me too, cant convince the missus though .. she wants something that is smaller.

Me too, cant convince the missus though .. she wants something that is smaller.

just had a quick look on trade me..there are any number of 545 andd 550 there!Alot of them are motorsports too(or advertised as such!)