Sign in to follow this  
allan

X5 M, X6M

If I were a rich man, the X6M would be parked at my place right now.....

..... in a paddock.....

..... on fire.

• Like 3

Really haven't had a look at both of them in any detail but Oh dear tell me more?

In looking further Allan found this on the X5m http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/2015-bmw-x5m-x6m-get-new-engine-trans-lap-timing-app

Edited by tim 325

They certainly are a bit of an odd-ball idea "I know, let's stick a stonking twin-turbo V8 in a 2.5t truck and make it a sports car"...

Result is not really fast, doesn't handle like a sports car (but is good for a truck) whilst losing some off-road ability... Hmm

Bloody good fun though, and makes all sorts of good noises!!

Was seriously impressed with the last x6m. We drove it back to back with my m3. They are far better than you'd give credit to. Twin turbo v8 m engine and the weight just disappeared. Great interior as well.

Was seriously impressed with the last x6m. We drove it back to back with my m3. They are far better than you'd give credit to. Twin turbo v8 m engine and the weight just disappeared. Great interior as well.

Shame it looks like a Kia Cerato with big wheels though.

Its like they're BMW's "orientation confused" model - not a masculine type of SUV and not a "Julian Clary" type of hairdresser car either.

The X5 M looks great - really don't get the X6 at all.

Actually, an X version of the Z4 would make more sense - at least it's different to the X5, not basically the same thing without the extra boot space.