Sign in to follow this  
jeff002

WTB E39 M5 dual mass flywheel.

Was bored so had a little look around and found, S62 I believe is the correct motor. Pelican in the states has them listed Luk Brand $763.25 part number 21212229190 M37, genuine BMW $1697.75 part number 21212229190 BOE. They are US dollars shown no doubt others will be available best of luck.

Edited by tim 325

Bit of a long shot there mate! Though I do recall a member here replacing his with a UUC kit a while back.... maybe a thread search will turn up the owner? Might still have the old one, ya never know!

have a e39 540i flywheel and clutch. but you are best to buy new with these dual mass units

Be aware that S62 and M62 flywheels have the crank sensor trigger in a slightly different location.Make sure you use the right one for the right application.

ECS tunings landed price is one of the most competitive.

Trade parts on the shore, flywheel and clutch kit for about $1500. Last time i looked they had 1 on the shelf.

Go single mass flywheel, there's a few off the shelf options or you could have one made Lionel (kiwi328i) had one made.

I've replaced mine with a single mass JB Racing unit its a vast improvement. The old one was shot and went to scrap.

yes,still condsider use that single mass flywheel,I am using M5 box as hell BM said its slighty different crank pulley sensor.an my car is 96 .what gearbox you using?

Be aware that S62 and M62 flywheels have the crank sensor trigger in a slightly different location.Make sure you use the right one for the right application.

ECS tunings landed price is one of the most competitive.

so M5 box compare 96 m62 engine ,which flywheels I should go to?thanks for advise Ray

yes,still condsider use that single mass flywheel,I am using M5 box as hell BM said its slighty different crank pulley sensor.an my car is 96 .what gearbox you using?

Its an E39 540 Getrag 420g.

Fly & Clutch kit I've installed is the JB Racing part#520-155SK-B413 it could be a little heavier (lost a little low end torque) but pulls like a school boy.

Wiki applications;

Gearbox`s fit either 540 or M5. It`s the flywheel that you need to get right.They are slightly different :

Part # 21212229190 for the M5 S62

Part # 21 20 1 223 581 for the M62 /M62tu

Gearbox`s fit either 540 or M5. It`s the flywheel that you need to get right.They are slightly different :

Part # 21212229190 for the M5 S62

Part # 21 20 1 223 581 for the M62 /M62tu

conversion is from M5 ,and engine m62.so pick up sensor position is follow from M5 .but engine management it m62.that i so confuse which flywheel i should choose.

With your combo use a M62 flywheel.

Call me if needed.

Will you be selling the light flywheel Jeff? Am interested.

Ha for some reason I thought it mighta been a lightweight flywheel rattle problem. Still interested in it though for research purposes.