Sign in to follow this  
Tilbo

Where to get sill trim clips?

Hi, I'm looking for the little white clips which fasten the sill trim piece onto the sill. Looks like I need three. Car is an e46 msport sedan.

I have tried at Jerry Clayton's but they couldn't help me, couldn't give me a part number either.

Any help would be great.

http://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/

I have bought plenty of trim clips for all makes of cars from these guys, don't have a full selection but have most of the usual suspects. If you can't find a BMW specific one, you can normally find one from another make that will work. Delivery is quick as well.

Definitely the dealers will be your best bet. Try Team McMillan in Newmarket. I find the parts people there a bit more friendly than JC's

Definitely the dealers will be your best bet. Try Team McMillan in Newmarket. I find the parts people there a bit more friendly than JC's

I must admit I have only tried JC so far, guy there said I have to buy the whole trim piece for $247 in order to get the clips. I shall give the other dealerships a ring.

http://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/

I have bought plenty of trim clips for all makes of cars from these guys, don't have a full selection but have most of the usual suspects. If you can't find a BMW specific one, you can normally find one from another make that will work. Delivery is quick as well.

Found the ones!

you are better off to get the part number yourself and tell the dealer what you want. the dealers should but dont have time to search for your $2 clips. they will all be available through your dealer if you do the work.

(dont think you will get a discount in thier margin however)

Try here http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E46-Sedan/Europe/325i-M54/R-N/jun2001/browse/vehicle_trim/cover_for_rocker_panel_wheel_arch/. Just a word of caution the main clips holding the skirts on for a M sport are different to a Standard skirt set up. If that is the clips you are talking about.

Edited by tim 325

^^^^^^ That is different trim to what he is talking of Allan.

Having to buy the whole trim is bullshit. I would also bet the trim comes without the clips too.

Took me about 3 minutes to find the clips & part number of:

• Like 1

BM WORLD in papakura

has plenty of boxes of new clips ,

and plenty of used ones etc as well

all sorts of types

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

How many do you need?

Have some free ones here @ HELLBM

• Like 4

How many do you need?

Have some free ones here @ HELLBM