Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 325i SE

Have heard that 325i has been thrashed. Also SE are much better optioned than most regular e30s, the ones that get the most are typically untouched and in original condition.

So you're saying our nz new one owner factory as 325i se is worth more than people selling their "stanced" 318's for 5k?

That one makes the 10K 325i SE look like a bargain!

Each to their own, but I would fail to justify the price difference of $5,500 between the two. Sure it needs a little tidy up, if it has been thrashed however...

As the saying goes at the end of the day they are worth what someone is prepared to pay and true mint original examples are hard to find.

Each to their own, but I would fail to justify the price difference of $5,500 between the two. Sure it needs a little tidy up, if it has been thrashed however...

As the saying goes at the end of the day they are worth what someone is prepared to pay and true mint original examples are hard to find.

That one actually looks pretty rough - the rear valance is knackered, front lip missing, pod filter shoved in, converted from auto, south african assembled, no gear knob, hacked off lever - it just looks dicked with. Doesn't have any SE goodies either. Regardless of whether it's been thrashed or not, it LOOKS like it has been! It doesn't look much like anyone cherished it much at all. I can't imagine it looks better in the flesh. They haven't even tried to make it look good.

An actual SE, basically as it left the factory is desirable to a certain bunch of people, and those people are usually the ones willing to spend money on a good E30, and often have the money to do so. I think it's a limited market, but they're seemingly often real enthusiasts, or older guys who wanted one in the 80's/90's, and can afford one as a "toy" now.

Even just the little goodies on an SE can account fot some of the cost - The SE's look really good with the side skirts, body coloured bumpers and valances, factory shadowline etc - just getting/painting/fitting all that stuff is quite a few dollars gone. The 15" basket weaves (the OP car actually had 14's though!) are worth some good dollars too.

I told my folks what the original one in the thread sold for. I thought Mum might say "sell it!", but she's actually keen to send it in for paint touchups to clear the stonechips etc B) Thier one is one of the ones people will want. If it needs fixing, it gets fixed etc, and not on the cheap.

As you say, horses for courses etc :D

SE Goodness <3

phap phap phap

• Like 1